The Conservative Party/Government

Labour to take Weston-super-Mare, Bridgwater, Somerset North, and Frome & East Somerset. Even Tiverton & Minehead is a possible Labour gain, otherwise the rest will go LibDem.
Let's hope they do.

Bridgwater has the best chance, due to the influx of Hinckley Point workers, who do not fit the traditional Tory voter persona. Out of all the others, I really can't see it.
I work in Taunton but live near Glastonbury. As of yet, I have not met a single person apart from myself who votes Labour.

This is why characters like Johnson,Truss, and soon Sunak have no shame cause liberals put decorum over accountability.
Not sure what that even means, ot even what a liberal is, is it bad ?
Some politicians may not be very good but try to do what they see as the best thing, think May was that, now I wouldn’t vote for them or agree with them so they are accountable that way but they deserve to treated with some respect. Me thinking May was one that doesn’t mean Johnson, Sunak, Braverman, Mogg or Truss or others get any kind of pass the two things are completely unrelated, everyone should be treated as individuals.

Will get interesting, in a popcorn way, seeing how the established Tories start to manoeuvre themselves for a seat in the Lords, especially if they can get the nod before getting kicked out.
ReeSmug being a prime candidate.

Not sure what that even means, ot even what a liberal is, is it bad ?
Some politicians may not be very good but try to do what they see as the best thing, think May was that, now I wouldn’t vote for them or agree with them so they are accountable that way but they deserve to treated with some respect. Me thinking May was one that doesn’t mean Johnson, Sunak, Braverman, Mogg or Truss or others get any kind of pass the two things are completely unrelated, everyone should be treated as individuals.

I say liberal to describe a centrist pov that tends to prefer appearance over substance even though the substance is largely offensive. Tories like Theresa May do not offend liberal sensibilities like a Truss, Boris, Lee Anderson or Suella but policy wise are still 98% in agreement with each other.

I see the same in the USA. For all the hate MAGA republicans get from country club cousins like Romney, Bush, and Cheney, both types still propose the same odious policies but one does it with a touch of propriety.

Why are terrible politicians given any sort of platitudes when they retire? If they aren’t going to be held accountable by the system, at the very least they need to be shamed out of polite society.

Because people get all frothy and shout "cancel culture"

Nearly 4 million people on benefits.
now I'm bit gonna bash everyone who genuinely needs it. Indeed my father needed some help a few years ago. Fair enough.
But I'm reading that a lot are citing mental health, what ever happened to the hard working British, we use to be one of the best in the world!?
The issue I have with this is that the middle earners like me are being squeezed more and more and footing the bill for some of these bone idle lazy sods.
I really hope what ever government comes in sorts this out as its an utter disgrace.

Nearly 4 million people on benefits.
now I'm bit gonna bash everyone who genuinely needs it. Indeed my father needed some help a few years ago. Fair enough.
But I'm reading that a lot are citing mental health, what ever happened to the hard working British, we use to be one of the best in the world!?
The issue I have with this is that the middle earners like me are being squeezed more and more and footing the bill for some of these bone idle lazy sods.
I really hope what ever government comes in sorts this out as its an utter disgrace.

Here's a thought. Maybe if the country was run in a more civilised way there would be fewer mental health issues.

It has changed in my lifetime as we have sought 'efficiency' at the cost of human dignity.

Here's a thought. Maybe if the country was run in a more civilised way there would be fewer mental health issues.

It has changed in my lifetime as we have sought 'efficiency' at the cost of human dignity.
Sorry I don't buy that completely.
Yes it's been a shambles but Covid has made some people lazy and entitled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.