St. Paddys Day

Is there a bigger load of shite going? Just been to my local for a nice Sunday afternoon pint and there's a bouncer on the door and fuckers queuing half way down the road! Its been my local for years and I can't get in the fucker! Once a year drinkers posting pictures of their Guinness on Instagram, im livid
It is load of old tripe - purely another reason for making money like Valentines Day and Halloween.

On ITV racing from Cheltenham this week they invented ‘St Patrick’s Day Thursday‘ and ‘St Patrick’s Day Friday’ ffs………they’ll be turning it into a week of celebrations soon

St Patrick’s Day is celebrated the world over because it’s a done piss up. Guinness, which I find undrinkable outside of Ireland, is often discounted etc.

There used to be a man in my local who only wore Celtic or Ireland shirts yet desperately try and hide his Scouse accent.

Whilst I choose not to celebrate St. Patrick's Day as I have no Irish anscenstry, I don't hold any animosity towards anyone who chooses to enjoy it.
However, I don't understand why there's a preference to celebrating the national day of this particular neighbouring country, when there's no interest in celebrating the national days of France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark or Norway.
Up to the people of those nations to stop being boring I suppose

St Patrick’s Day is celebrated the world over because it’s a done piss up. Guinness, which I find undrinkable outside of Ireland, is often discounted etc.

There used to be a man in my local who only wore Celtic or Ireland shirts yet desperately try and hide his Scouse accent.
It’s also my birthday today :), I hate Guinness with a passion which is quite ironic with it being st Patrick’s day obv!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.