Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Arsenal will go hard at City from kick off just like Arsenal did at the Dippers in order to try and get the 1st goal and then try and catch City on the break as City push forward.

That sounds like a reasonable strategy but it has its trade-offs.

If you go hard at City you leave spaces that can be exploited. It's risky, as KDB and Haaland are the best pair in football when it comes to make use of such spaces, especially at the Etihad.

Unlike Liverpool, who for some reason are slow starters and need more time to find rhythm, City are generally not like that. We could have been 2 goals up at Anfield in the first 10 minutes a week ago.

Yes, Spurs and Chelsea scored first at the Etihad, but Haaland missed big chances in both games. We could have won both games quite comfortably.

City haven't been great so far, but that's partly (or mostly) due to the fact that, IMO, the team has been prepared to peak in the final 8 weeks. Nobody knows whether it will happen, but people (including many City fans) saying City are worse than last season might be wrong, as the most important part of the season is yet to start and we have more wins in all compets than last season. The way we moved the ball vs Newcastle was encouraging.

The Bookies indicate a 58% probability of City winning, 16% Arsenal and 26% draw.

I'd bite your hands off if we could take a draw back to London.

Talk of City thrashing Arsenal is wide of the mark (I've seen some posts saying 3-0, 4-1 etc). If City have beaten Rags 3-1 and Barcodes 2-0 in recent weeks then where is the uplift on those matches coming from that warrants City beating Arsenal by even more?

In my opinion it will be a very tactical, often cagey match with the midfield battle key. Rodri will be vital for City and I reckon the score will be something like 2-1 City or 1-1. Something like that. I just can't see where an absolute hammering comes from based on the evidence so far this season (unless there's a red card etc).
You also need Odengaard to turn up !
He went missing in last seasons must win Etihad game
KDB showed that he’s a class above that night
No more lucky deflections for you
3:1 City

Just to add I hope the match is decided on the pitch and not a shitty ref decision either way.
That sounds like a reasonable strategy but it has its trade-offs.

If you go hard at City you leave spaces that can be exploited. It's risky, as KDB and Haaland are the best pair in football when it comes to make use of such spaces, especially at the Etihad.

Unlike Liverpool, who for some reason are slow starters and need more time to find rhythm, City are generally not like that. We could have been 2 goals up at Anfield in the first 10 minutes a week ago.

Yes, Spurs and Chelsea scored first at the Etihad, but Haaland missed big chances in both games. We could have won both games quite comfortably.

City haven't been great so far, but that's partly (or mostly) due to the fact that, IMO, the team has been prepared to peak in the final 8 weeks. Nobody knows whether it will happen, but people (including many City fans) saying City are worse than last season might be wrong, as the most important part of the season is yet to start and we have more wins in all compets than last season. The way we moved the ball vs Newcastle was encouraging.
I don't disagree with this. Perhaps City's achilles heel vs last season is that the defence doesn't look as tight. Dias hasn't had his best season so far and Also unquestionably Arsenal are a better side than last year. We'll see, like I said before it is highly likely City will win and I don't think we will come back to London with 3 points and I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got 1 point but you never know in football.

Just to add I hope the match is decided on the pitch

I don't disagree with this. Perhaps City's achilles heel vs last season is that the defence doesn't look as tight. Dias hasn't had his best season so far and Also unquestionably Arsenal are a better side than last year. We'll see, like I said before it is highly likely City will win and I don't think we will come back to London with 3 points and I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got 1 point but you never know in football.

I don't disagree. Arsenal are in better form than they were at that stage last season, partly because the main players are available. I'm not sure they'll finish with more points than last season, though.

It will be a very difficult game for City. If we win, it will be something like 2:1 or 3:2. This game starts probably the most physically challenging period of the season, as we play every 3 days in the first half of April. But it's the same for Arsenal and you'll finding it difficult, maybe even more difficult than City, as you rely more on energy than us to control games. One of City's secrets under Pep has been the ability to rest while moving the ball around. It might be perceived as boring, but it's virtually impossible to challenge on multiple fronts without the control that possession offers.

Last edited:
It's a must win game in my opinion. I think we feel that as fans and the atmosphere should be quality like it was last season. The players will hopefully also feel it and look to make a statement. Arsenal's fixtures are the hardest, we have a packed schedule and Liverpool have the edge in terms of league position and only being in the Europa League. We've got to keep the pressure on with a win.

I don't disagree. Arsenal are in better form than they were at that stage last season, partly because the main players are available. I'm not sure they'll finish with more points than last season, though.

It will be a very difficult game for City. If we win, it will be something like 2:1 or 3:2. This game starts probably the most physically challenging period of the season, as we play every 3 days in the first half of April. But it's the same for Arsenal and you'll finding it difficult, maybe even more difficult than City, as you rely more on energy than us to control games. One of City's secrets under Pep has been the ability to rest while moving the ball around. It might be perceived as boring, but it's virtually impossible to challenge on multiple fronts without the control that possession offers.
Agree with this. City are masters at controlling a game and wearing down the competition which is why I always find it odd when some posters here are up in arms when you guys are 0-0 or 1-0 down at halftime as it is inevitable that pressure and the toll it takes on the opposition means they'll fade after 60 mins or so and City will push through for the win. Hence I think Arsenal need the 1st goal.

It's a must win game in my opinion. I think we feel that as fans and the atmosphere should be quality like it was last season. The players will hopefully also feel it and look to make a statement. Arsenal's fixtures are the hardest, we have a packed schedule and Liverpool have the edge in terms of league position and only being in the Europa League. We've got to keep the pressure on with a win.
For me also, not just the 3 points but hopefully a psychological blow to them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.