Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you’re right but I think you’re being harsh on your own side. Rice is a brilliant player and I think him Odegard and Saka are a very dangerous 3
In a game like this small details matter and I think City know we will be vulnerable with Kivior up against Silva/Foden. I'm not being harsh on Arsenal, we're a bloody good side but City at the Etihad is a massive test, what's fine against most teams won't be enough against City.

Honestly I dont consider the possibility we will win unless City get a red or Rodri gets injured and like I've said several times before I'd be super happy if we got a draw. I do expect a win for City though, probably by the odd goal.

Always confident against this lot, I know this season we didn't beat them yet buy stylistically they're a good team for us to play, as we saw last season beating them comfortably

Us near our best beat them 7 days a week, especially at our place.

How are some people not picking akanji for this ? He’s a must start

Hes excellent

But does he get in ahead of Stones or Dias at CB in a big game like this?

In my opinion, nobody gets in ahead of Stones if he's fit. So that leaves Dias who hasn't been quite at his best this season, but it's a big call leaving him out knowing his ability and experience.

Hes excellent

But does he get in ahead of Stones or Dias at CB in a big game like this?

In my opinion, nobody gets in ahead of Stones if he's fit. So that leaves Dias who hasn't been quite at his best this season, but it's a big call leaving him out knowing his ability and experience.
I would have him ahead of ake for this even though ake has been incredible too. Walker is needed for pace. Akanji a must for me. Pace, height, strength & good with the ball. Big decision for pep as Dias is class too.

For me this is the position we win or lose. The rest of team selects itself

stylistically they're a good team for us to play, as we saw last season beating them comfortably

We beat them comfortably at the Etihad, but they were without Saliba...Who was playing against Haaland? Some joker, right?

IMO, stylistically they are not a good team to play, as energy wise they are the closest thing to Liverpool and have a better defence than Liverpool. They have a lot of energy and pace in their young team and are currently very different from those typical Arsenal teams of the last 2 decades. They are still not sufficiently experienced, though, and do not have many top options on the bench, especially in defence.

I would have him ahead of ake for this even though ake has been incredible too. Walker is needed for pace. Akanji a must for me. Pace, height, strength & good with the ball. Big decision for pep as Dias is class too.

For me this is the position we win or lose. The rest of team selects itself
I agree. And it's a fantastic problem to have. Only seems like 2 minutes ago we were shoehorning Ferny into that position because we had no fit CBs.

If Akanji was good enough to start at Anfield and be our best defender there (the only one whose pass completion was excellent, over 93%), he's good enough to start at the Etihad too.

Ake has played several times vs Saka and wouldn't be surprised if Pep went with him. Ake was brilliant vs Salah at the Etihad. Here's hoping he will do well vs Saka too.

If Akanji was good enough to start at Anfield and be our best defender there (the only one whose pass completion was excellent, over 93%), he's good enough to start at the Etihad too.

Ake has played several times vs Saka and wouldn't be surprised if Pep went with him. Ake was brilliant vs Salah at the Etihad. Here's hoping he will do well vs Saka too.
Correct.

Ake always has brilliant games against Arsenal and especially his duels against Saka, He deals with him incredibly well.

I'll be shocked if Ake doesn't start this game. I think it will be either Walker OR Akanji to play alongside Stones, Dias and Ake.

We beat them comfortably at the Etihad, but they were without Saliba...Who was playing against Haaland? Some joker, right?

IMO, stylistically they are not a good team to play, as energy wise they are the closest thing to Liverpool and have a better defence than Liverpool. They have a lot of energy and pace in their young team and are currently very different from those typical Arsenal teams of the last 2 decades. They are still not sufficiently experienced, though, and do not have many top options on the bench, especially in defence.

I don't find them to be anything like Liverpool. Maybe they're higher energy than many teams but that's about it.

I think Arsenal are a better style for us to play. Don't get me wrong, they're clearly a very good side and more than capable of beating us on their day, especially if we're not at our best.

But head to head, I'd rather play Arsenal than the dippers in terms of style of play. The dippers have a style and energy that matches up quite well with us head to head. You get more room to play vs Arsenal.

If we played both 20 times, all teams at their best, I'd put good money us beating Arsenal more than Liverpool, regardless of the last game against Arsenal.

I don't find them to be anything like Liverpool. Maybe they're higher energy than many teams but that's about it.

I think Arsenal are a better style for us to play. Don't get me wrong, they're clearly a very good side and more than capable of beating us on their day, especially if we're not at our best.

But head to head, I'd rather play Arsenal than the dippers in terms of style of play. The dippers have a style and energy that matches up quite well with us head to head. You get more room to play vs Arsenal.

If we played both 20 times, all teams at their best, I'd put good money us beating Arsenal more than Liverpool, regardless of the last game against Arsenal.
They match up really well with us because Arteta follows pretty much the same principles as Pep. And we tend to be better at that Pep style of play because we have Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.