Protest?

We all take the piss out of the scousers but they would of stood up for their fans and the rags probably too ,our lot swept it under the carpet.
100% agree. I think because our fan base gets slated all the time about cheating and empty seats I feel like some of our fans are really protective over City and won't have a word said against them. But we really, really should stick together and try and get the club to reconsider. And it's definitely not just the ticket prices that City need to be thinking about.

Last edited:
100% agree. I think because our fan base gets slated all the time about cheating and empty seats I feel like some of our fans are really protective over City and won't have a word said against them. But we really, really should stick together and try and get the club to reconsider. And it's definitely not just the ticket prices that City need to be thinking about.
Some of our fans are fucking terrified of us being shit again. And because of that, they won't have a bad word said about the club incase the ownership decides to up and leave.

Any talk of an independent supporters trust has been shouted down because of this. We have a massively divided fanbase on issues which means that proper protests will never be a success.

There are 40 price categories on the price list.

If you take the average category for a Gold ST that is £849 rising from £802, so a £47 rise or 5.9%

Whilst that is only the average category and not the average ticket, 40 categories are enough to know the average price rise is far closer to 6% than 5%. Therefore these statements about the 5% average rise just show the club can't even piss straight, 5.9% being 18% higher than 5%.

The new categories range from £425 to £1,600 with the median of £860.

£860 is the 4th out of 5 category of ticket on CBL1 and ES1 (so the 2nd cheapest excluding pitch side) or the 2nd out of 5 categories on CB3 and ES3.

The £860 tickets have risen by £55 (6.8%) on level 1 but only £40 (4.9%) on level 3.

The line above is evidence of a direction of travel towards "price equalisation" within tiers/stands, with the best example is the Colin Bell or East Stand Level 1, with the expensive tickets going up £35 and the cheapest going up £75 as shown below:
CB L1 1CB L1 2CB L1 3CB L1 4CB L1 5
£915​
£900​
£875​
£860​
£820​
£880​
£855​
£825​
£805​
£745​
£35​
£45​
£50​
£55​
£75​
4.0%​
5.3%​
6.1%​
6.8%​
10.1%​

What is most concerning about the above is the Cat 5 tickets were considered North Stand a few years ago, they are the 132 and 140 corners. 132 and 140 North Stand ST holders were told they would need to move over a decade ago as NS L1 was becoming part of the family stand along with NS L2 which already was. 132 and 140 ST holders were then informed they could stay as there wasn't enough demand, but now are reclassified and CB and ES, and the prices are being accelerated to CB and ES L1 "target prices".

I found out a few other things of interest, but I am using the word very euphemistically.

Every year I look at the price in 140 and think, Jesus. The people on the end seats are paying £200 more than the person next to them in 139. And it’s probably a slightly worse view if anything, right over the corner flag.

It’s an even bigger difference in SS3. There’s people in there paying £260 more than the bloke in the seat directly behind them.

We certainly have a unique pricing policy.

Every year I look at the price in 140 and think, Jesus. The people on the end seats are paying £200 more than the person next to them in 139. And it’s probably a slightly worse view if anything, right over the corner flag.

It’s an even bigger difference in SS3. There’s people in there paying £260 more than the bloke in the seat directly behind them.

We certainly have a unique pricing policy.

Apparently the person coming up with these different seat prices is called Johnny Ball. His motto is…. Think Of A Number.

It needs a group of fan representatives from all clubs to coordinate a protest as lots of regular fans at all clubs have the same issues. Clubs are moving away from the loyalty from season ticket holders to getting more match day revenue from tourist or casual fans. Spurs have taken away OAP concessions and many more will follow

FOC like me will remember the days when it was pay on day and sell outs were a rare event with clubs desperate for loyalty and season ticket holders

Times have changed and with rising prices and additional games all adding to the cost for loyal regular fans it’s a bigger commitment each season

The atmosphere and passion at any ground is better when season ticket holders get together with mates on a regular basis to create the noise to transmit to the pitch (and tv)

Co ordinated action from fans at all clubs is successful when you remember the cap on away tickets prices and the break away European league collapse so things can be done

its our game and if younger fans are not careful the game experience as we know it will be lost and matches will be a theatre full or neutral /corporate / tourists fans spending a fortune for a day out

thank god I am an FOC and have seen City at all levels….and saved the best years till last
We have hundreds of supporters clubs it just needs unity if you recall we were the first supporters to protest about away ticket prices and we made a stand at arsenal away they lowered to away ticket prices and made it £30 for away games we saw unity against the proposed champions league split which again fans kicked up a fuss and it got binned this is our club the present owners are custodians we must make a stand now and I urge all the supporters clubs to come together to have a unified voice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.