England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

I'll say this even though it should be obvious - the problem here is that City fans have been so spoilt watching unbelievable, high quality football, improving year on year for 12 years, that we are always bored these days by the standard of international football, but especially involving England. I doubt that any of us want Southgate/ England to fail; we just find it incredibly boring and substandard compared to what we see week-in, week-out. Try looking at it from that perspective.

That’s a international football issue - not a Southgate issue.

You think the next manager that comes along will make everything all exciting? Especially in a friendly during the PL season when everyone’s annoyed the PL is taking a break.

International football is often slower, more boring, players trying to adjust to players there not used to playing with and the dynamic just isn’t there like club football.

England fans don’t watch other international teams so seem to judge purely based on the excitement levels of the PL.

That’s a international football issue - not a Southgate issue.

You think the next manager that comes along will make everything all exciting? Especially in a friendly during the PL season when everyone’s annoyed the PL is taking a break.

International football is often slower, more boring, players trying to adjust to players there not used to playing with and the dynamic just isn’t there like club football.

England fans don’t watch other international teams so seem to judge purely based on the excitement levels of the PL.
So if its not a Southgate issue, I assume you don't think Pep or Klopp would get these players playing any better then?

The FA have well and truly sanitised Wembley. A stadium full of middle class families sat in silence for the vast majority of the match bar the odd chants of England coming from the kids. And the England band that should have been binned years ago before the novelty of it died a death. Congratulations to the FA. They’ve got what they wanted.

So if its not a Southgate issue, I assume you don't think Pep or Klopp would get these players playing any better then?

They could get us playing like Man City at there absolute best but should we dare to lose then it’s an onslaught of what the manager should have done differently, why didn’t he play so and so, why didn’t he make the right subs - ‘this is why we won’t win anything’ and all the usual cliche garbage.

As I said , international football is just less exciting than PL , players don’t gel as much, it’s slower - no manager can change that

Pep and Klopp would likely get a bit more respite based on their reputations but I struggle to see who the next manager is going to be to absolutely guarantee we always play ‘exciting’ football , always win and always win trophies.

That’s just my take by the way and I know I’m in the minority.

The FA have well and truly sanitised Wembley. A stadium full of middle class families sat in silence for the vast majority of the match, bar the odd chants of England coming from the kids. And the England band that should have been binned years ago before the novelty of it died a death. Congratulations to the FA. They’ve got what they wanted.

It's the same across the PL as well.

Most atmospheres across the country barring a few of the bigger games here and there are truly atrocious for atmosphere.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.