England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

No it's called an opinion. As for being outraged I'd say you've done quite a good impression yourself on your post. Or are you deliberately acting stupid by pretending not to see that you have?

My opinion stands, for me anyway. Rico plays in midfield too, has more experience and has proved himself in the worlds best team, domestically and in Europe, being coached by the worlds best manager. The only reason he's not starting regularly is he has world class players ahead of him in the positions he plays and is eighteen.
You're arguing with an Ai chat bot, mate.
I've never seen a poster as prolific in their own pontifications, across all boards, as this one.

He's playing because the rag midfield is shite and he's shown some promise. They are desperate. Rico has world class players ahead of him and we're bollocks deep in three competitions. That's why he's being used sparingly. I've got nothing against the lad and England need all the quality we can get. If he was playing for Forest though he wouldn't have been fast tracked into the England squad

Agree with this. He is a very good young player but woukd be nowhere near the England squad if he played for West Ham or Villa. Never mind the likes of Forest and Brentford. He looked so out his depth at the Etihad a few weeks ago.

Waistcoat calling up Burnley keeper!! Has he watched him? I know he’s ex-city but he’s dreadful. Walker injured calls up Rico bet Peps fuming. Slabhead leaving likely means Sones is risked for another 90mins as well.

Just watched Lee Gunner on YouTube calling out 'The Waistcoat'. Would be remarkable for an England football YouTuber to do a watchalong....not of the England game (presumably because Waistcoats gameplan and lack of tactics will be shite) but of Spain v Brazil instead.

I see the Waistcoat is quoted as saying the game was a useful experiment. What was being tested? The ability to win with no attacking strategy? Jeez.

I see the Waistcoat is quoted as saying the game was a useful experiment. What was being tested? The ability to win with no attacking strategy? Jeez.
A useful experiment would have been a team of players who are on the fringes given a chance to show what they are capable of.
At least then you could offer up some excuse for a poor, uninspiring performance.
He’s the main reason England will fail again in this tournament and it’s madness to see him defended by anyone, especially the handful of England fans on here desperately wanting success.

Waistcoat calling up Burnley keeper!! Has he watched him? I know he’s ex-city but he’s dreadful. Walker injured calls up Rico bet Peps fuming. Slabhead leaving likely means Sones is risked for another 90mins as well.

There aren't many other English goalkeeping options and he's not awful. He's 21 and playing his first season in the premier league. He was absolutely class for England in the U21 Euro's last summer (which they won). He won us that final with a late penalty save before also saving the rebound. Rico was with the u21s anyway so it's not a big issue he's been called up.

There aren't many other English goalkeeping options and he's not awful. He's 21 and playing his first season in the premier league. He was absolutely class for England in the U21 Euro's last summer (which they won). He won us that final with a late penalty save before also saving the rebound. Rico was with the u21s anyway so it's not a big issue he's been called up.
Had very high hopes for him, looked an excellent keeper a couple of years ago but there’s no doubt he’s not been great this season. Granted he’s playing in a weak Burnley side who won’t be doing him many favours but he’s contributed to that weakness on a few occasions.
Certainly not writing him off but hope to see big improvements from him.

I suppose it's more the frustration with Southgate and his contradictions.

Lewis made his debut in England's last competitive fixture. He was played out of position and was awarded Man of the Match. He's a versatile player who can cover several positions, he's comfortable in possession and plays for the best club side in world football, under the best manager in world football—the type of player who would be very valuable during a summer tournament.

Given that, it is odd he wasn't originally called up to the squad.

If the reason is his lack of game time, then that would be at odds with previous player selections made by Southgate.

I've got no issue with Mainoo being called up either, he's a talented player and offers more than Henderson.

I just cannot work out what Southgate's plan is, other than it being the same one he has always had, which is that he doesn't have one.

I don't think Southgate is contradicting himself. He picked Phillips and Maguire based on their previous performances for England. Phillips has 31 caps and Maguire over 60. That's a bit different from calling up Rico who is still raw and isn't playing for his club. He's in the U21s so they still rate him highly enough to reward him with a place in that squad, when most of the U21 squad are playing regularly for club teams too.

I think there should be far less criticism of Southgate for these friendlies. We are think they're pointless and at a stupid time. Portugal released Dias and Bernardo after their first game. Plenty are pulling out injured, when they'd most certainly be in the team if they were competitive. He's having a look at some wider options and those guaranteed to make the plane aren't busting a gut in any of these games when there are bigger things to come.

For me Mainoo is in the squad because he's been decent for the rags (not saying much) but also because Henderson is past his best and Phillips is done. He needs someone to provide the balance next to Rice. Gallagher was fucking awful so hopefully he's out of the equation. He needs to try Mainoo and Rice in the next game to see how that combination works, and he might have the balance to go into the Euro's.

To be successful, England have to get the best out of their key players. Loading the side with attacking players will not be successful because of our defensive issues. So you have to be pragmatic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.