Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

View attachment 112324
Fuck off you rag ****.

Why not mention the team that put 11 behind the ball?
Why not mention how shit and irrelevant the rags are battling for 6 th spot while other teams battle for champions league and the title ..the red nosed cnut didn’t he spout shite last season at one of the champions league games talking bollocks while shoehorning the rags into the conversation..

No real quality replacements for both Mahrez and Gundogan who were extremely influential in our first 2 wins in our current 3 consecutive PL streak. Whilst we did manage without Mahrez' contribution last year, losing Gundogan was a step too far.
Are you sure we managed without Mahrez last year?

imo, the league’s gone, and whilst I don’t want to accept it, that’s OK. Three in a row is incredible. We had our chances this year, and for whatever reason, didn’t take them.

My first away game was Swindon Town away, I (we) won the lottery to witness what we’ve done.

We’ll still fight to the end, as we should, but I think it’s the Dippers or Arsenal.

I didn’t rate Arsenal, and as much as I don’t like it, they came with a plan and executed - keep it tight and 0-0 and push to knick it in the last ten minutes. They know that’s not football, but they’ll play football against Luton, etc., and score five goals. Today, they wanted a point and got it. It was shit, but that’s what champions do.

I wanted four in a row, but have a funny feeling we’ll do back to back in the Champions League.

Stones was a big loss. Fuck Southgate. Also think Bobb is would have offered more than Doku against an Arsenal intent on keeping it up tight.

Not arsed what happens. I’ll be there whether it’s Crewe or Chelsea.

We’ve dropped 4 points against Liverpool and Arsenal in March. If we’d won both of those games we’d be well on our way to a 4th consecutive PL title.
Or if we would have beaten wolves, Chelsea x 2, crystal palace, Tottenham at home. Those are the matches that are killing us now. We have reasonably acquitted ourselves agains the other top teams in the league. It just stings more today because we didn’t take care of business against those lesser quality teams when we had the chance.

I thought we were defensively good, which surprised me. I thought we might struggle today. I thought we controlled the game but didn’t really create anything worth talking about, though Ake should have scored. Arsenal’s disrupting tactics worked well for them, helped by the referee’s reluctance to show the yellow card. They should have had 3 in the first 20 mins. Of course they’ll keep doing it if they see there is no consequence for it. They just broke up play, stifled us however they could and it worked. Long ball negative football. When they did play on the rare occasion they looked good.

Nothing came off for us, Foden looked tired, Haaland was isolated, Bernardo was very/overly safe; and Doku still needs to learn what the best options are when in possession.

One aside point, are we over watering the pitch? The number of times our players slipped and lost their footing was noticeable today. Foden a few times, Doku a few times and Grealish in our box which could have been disastrous if an Arsenal player was near him. Or is it our choice of footwear/studs? Needs looking at. Still, nine games to go and we’ve done it before! Wednesday is a definite MUST win though.

To not even test Raya was pathetic really
How can you when they have 9-10 players behind the ball all narrow ? It was mission impossible today although Ake was unlucky and Erling seems to be having a nightmare with easy chances. Arsenal led a charmed life at times.

The lack of understanding of elite level football is astounding across our media. Proof that even those who have played at the highest echelons, have failed to understand the game tactically and analytically.
Peter Schmeichel and Robbie Savage being just two examples today, of complete and utter, clueless cretins.
Mind you, some on here giving them a good run for their money.

Only one shot - sob
Slow build up - sob
No service to the big man - sob

Don't take take into account the quality and organisation by an actual opposition. Whilst the Arse ambition yesterday was a tad embarrassing, their organisation and effort implementing their "play for a draw but hope for a win strategy", can't be faulted.

As for this thread - wow "Infestation Sunday". I take it GCHQ weren't on mod duties.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.