Chelsea Thread - 2023/24 | Maresca to be appointed (pg284)

Maybe..maybe not...

Very talented footballer ,doing well
A credit to our own coaching staff.
A credit to himself.
My post is a response to the many “we dropped a bollock” posts regarding Palmer leaving, which are just too simplistic and emotional to be reasonable (as they ignore many factors that actually have an impact on him doing well at City versus at Chelsea). I have said many times he is having a great season individually. But that doesn’t mean he should have stayed with us.

My post is a response to the many “we dropped a bollock” posts regarding Palmer leaving, which are just too simplistic and emotional to be reasonable (as they ignore many factors that actually have an impact on him doing well at City versus at Chelsea). I have said many times he is having a great season individually. But that doesn’t mean he should have stayed with us.
Cole Palmer is one of the most gifted playersI've ever seen play the game

Takes me back to another era where Majestic Mid field players like Platini,Tigana ,le Tissier,Clive Wilson,would just float around the pitch,doing their work effortlessly...All about touch and composure,and Vision...less of the 100mph football that is so common now.
Graceful. Football from a higher level....

I'm proud the lad came from City.

Cole Palmer is one of the most gifted playersI've ever seen play the game

Takes me back to another era where Majestic Mid field players like Platini,Tigana ,le Tissier,Clive Wilson,would just float around the pitch,doing their work effortlessly...All about touch and composure,and Vision...less of the 100mph football that is so common now.
Graceful. Football from a higher level....

I'm proud the lad came from City.
Clive Wilson in the same breath as Platinin

And my point is as much as I loved Clive and was very upset when we let him go to Chelsea he wasn’t remotely like Platini in ability or even playing style
It was just a snapshot of players that came into my head when thinking Cole Palmer. The reliance on composure and balance ...
As oppoppseed to speed.certain players have that languid highly technical posture when playing the game....you don't see it often now.
If Wilson had been born and coached in France,not England,maybe we would see more of the connection....
All the players I mentioned were graceful languid composed ,not rushed football players....like Palmer. It's something I've picked up on ,over the years...I'm not saying Wilson was as good as Platini..or any of the others, it's just a style of play.

It was just a snapshot of players that came into my head when thinking Cole Palmer. The reliance on composure and balance ...
As oppoppseed to speed.certain players have that languid highly technical posture when playing the game....you don't see it often now.
If Wilson had been born and coached in France,not England,maybe we would see more of the connection....
All the players I mentioned were graceful languid composed ,not rushed football players....like Palmer. It's something I've picked up on ,over the years...I'm not saying Wilson was as good as Platini..or any of the others, it's just a style of play.
Yes that makes sense and I get the comparison , sometimes especially in England they can be labelled luxury or even lazy players but it is just their style, Waddle was similar - Palmer is an interesting one , he looks head and shoulders above all around him at Chelsea but I’m not convinced that Pep would accommodate him long term , Matt Lawton wrote an article yesterday despite him scoring twice for Chelsea that his defensive play and tracking back were really really poor ie he couldn’t be that bothered

Yes that makes sense and I get the comparison , sometimes especially in England they can be labelled luxury or even lazy players but it is just their style, Waddle was similar - Palmer is an interesting one , he looks head and shoulders above all around him at Chelsea but I’m not convinced that Pep would accommodate him long term , Matt Lawton wrote an article yesterday despite him scoring twice for Chelsea that his defensive play and tracking back were really really poor ie he couldn’t be that bothered
He’s not blameless though. I was at Spurs but I’ve just watched Chelsea back. For as good as Palmer is on the ball and attacking, he needs to sort out game off the ball and defensively. He was pretty bad in that respect yesterday. Lazy at times. Recognise this will be unpopular

He’s not blameless though. I was at Spurs but I’ve just watched Chelsea back. For as good as Palmer is on the ball and attacking, he needs to sort out game off the ball and defensively. He was pretty bad in that respect yesterday. Lazy at times. Recognise this will be unpopular
That quote is from Matt Law , Chelsea supporting journalist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.