Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

I can understand people arguing Yaya. I can understand people arguing Rodri.

What I can’t understand however is people arguing they play in diffetent positions or are too different to compare.

Rodri is miles better imo. Yaya had flashes of brilliance when he wanted to but often went missing

Rodri is miles better imo. Yaya had flashes of brilliance when he wanted to but often went missing
LOL, the big fella won us the title almost single handedly under Pellegrini, Yaya was magnificent apart from his last couple of seasons.

Yaya was a big game player, he was always there when it mattered and that's what great players do.

After last night masterclass by Rodri it got me thinking...has Rodri now eclipsed Yaya Toure in that central midfield role ?
Ate this delicious apple some days ago and I just had to ask myself, would orange juice taste better if it was made out of apples? Not Apple juice, orange juice only this time orange juice but with apples. Makes sense doesn't it?

Yaya was a big game player, he was always there when it mattered and that's what great players do.

And Rodri is not?

Yaya would go missing plenty. He was a more exciting player. But also more frustrating. And when he went missing we really really suffered.

I honestly still can't decide myself, I keep bouncing between them. Yaya has the advantage of success not being taken for granted, that seems to be the bar of expectation for Rodri.

Completely different players for me. Yaya could do what Rodri does but not to the same level and same with Rodri doing Yaya’s role.

Yaya was playing in a much more transitional league though, football 10 years ago was so different and especially the Premier League.

Just glad I’ve had the pleasure of watching both of them at the peaks of their powers. (Though I do fear Rodri hasn’t even hit his peak, scarily)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.