Is Rodri better than Yaya ?

Yaya when up for it was amazing and world class. He had a thing of not looking interested. He would pop up in big games and make himself known. Legend.

Rodri is of similar ilk, obviously not a huge in frame but equally technically gifted. Reads the game well, scores in pressure games and big game too.

I like both 'coz the are Blues.

Rodri by some distance IMO. Take out the bias towards attackers and he’s comfortably the best footballer in the world.

As great as Yaya was, I don’t even think he was the best midfielder at City during his time here.

That said, Yaya was the guy who brought down the banner and will be a bigger club legend in the long run.

Rodders is superb at what he does, incredibly consistent and chips in with a few important goals. Peak Yaya was world class, unstoppable at times. Different roles, different times, different teams, different styles, no point in trying to decide who is better

If we had top form yaya now, he wouldn't be playing in rodri's position but more in the advanced midfield role, they don't play the same position really so not truly able to say yes or no

Close call, but i would say Yaya. Because without Yaya and his some priceless goals, we wouldn't be what we are and where we are at today.

Yaya laid the foundation for us to become enormously successful.
I would also say initially Yaya came for the huge amount of cash we gave him but he then got us as a club and fan base and loved his time with us.

He was as you rightly say one of the catalysts for our rise in power and status.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.