Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

There's something about Akanji that makes me absolutely love him.

If he's with us for an extended period I can see him developing cult status.

Signed for a relatively small fee, his signing was somewhat out of the blue, people expected him to be 5th choice and not all that good.

Turned up week in week out, had a storming debut season and is continuing where he left off this season.

Seems like a top bloke.

One of my favourite players, long may it continue.
He is essential with Walker injured

Grealish’s big problem seems to be confidence. When he’s on it and taking people on and trying things around the box, he’ll be the key to us unlocking 8 more parked busses. If he plays like the reserved and self-doubtful player he’s been for spells of this season he won’t be playing any big games.
He’s a shoe in for CL if fit, for me…. He’s been built by pep for that; the checkers game, domestically, can be nullified without a competent left back, as opposed to the chess game of European football, where we showed last year, traps can be placed through bursts of tempo; he’s perfect for it!

Quite enjoyable and very good early afternoon game on and off the pitch. I wish Etihad can have atmosphere like our away fans made today, there were quite a few tourists and still we sounded like a German supported team in some European game, so it is not about tourists bat a bunch of lads who wanted to have some fun for 90 minutes.
We started hitting 4s again, but little too late in my opinion and the ease with which we concede goals is soul crushing.
Rico was just excellent in whatever Pep told him to do, Bobb no worse than anybody in the current team pushed to hug the line on the right side, Jack proved why his ball recycling will always be more important than Doky directness. Akanji is like a swiss knife...literally and good luck to Rodri with Euros, he'll need a heart transplant with the number of games he is asked to play. Just ridiculous! No point in mentioning our Kev, super class is permanent with no regard to number of missed months or pounds of belly muscles piled up. Khm khm!

Got to admit I was surprised at the starting 11. But over the last 2 games some key players got a rest. Good enough performance on the whole with the desire to win. Sloppy mistakes and poor marking cost us two goals, we need to be better than that.

Grealish is so important for this run in. I know he has his critics and doesn’t assist or score as much as perhaps he could, but the control I think he gives us is brilliant.

I’m absolutely shit scared of Rodders burning out or getting injured. We look a shell without him. I hope he’s getting plenty of days off between matches.

On to Tuesday.

Got out of jail in the first half with an average performance we were lucky we were playing such a useless outfit as Palace , just a bunch of athletes with zero skill , some good individual performances and it was only in the second half we got our act together.
Amazed how these players can churn out results whilst playing in second gear , we were carrying a couple of passengers for ninety minutes and still put Palace to the sword , we need to be a lot better for Madrid they will punish us for our wastefullness and defensive mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.