Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Was in Milano's, North Reddish, this morning waiting for a haircut. A know nowt chap, a total spit for Captain Bird's-eye started talking to a young kid who'd been playing this morning. The kid had scored a goal and his dad proudly pointed out that he was a defender. The hirsute renegade mariner than said " you'll be on for 30 goals .......... Like Paul Scholes!!!!!!!!!!"

To which the 10 yr old replied "Who?"

I took great pleasure in relating this story to a random Blue, with a very shiny head, who was walking his dog. Hope you enjoyed the game!

Any way Mr SPF 5 Billion was marvellous, his opening strike just gorgeous. I missed the start but saw the equaliser and thought we were pretty much in control afterwards. Really enjoyed both Jack and Rico's performances, terrific. Special word for Akanji looked decent. Great performance against a notorious anti football team, bit disappointed in their second. Big month for us, starting to see the real City.

There's something about Akanji that makes me absolutely love him.

If he's with us for an extended period I can see him developing cult status.

Signed for a relatively small fee, his signing was somewhat out of the blue, people expected him to be 5th choice and not all that good.

Turned up week in week out, had a storming debut season and is continuing where he left off this season.

Seems like a top bloke.

One of my favourite players, long may it continue.

Key for jack is a run of games this tail end, as he dictates the tempo beautifully

Grealish’s big problem seems to be confidence. When he’s on it and taking people on and trying things around the box, he’ll be the key to us unlocking 8 more parked busses. If he plays like the reserved and self-doubtful player he’s been for spells of this season he won’t be playing any big games.

Best thing about today is Rodri now can’t get a two match ban for picking up 10 yellows. One yellow in last 12 games i think it has been. Needs a big rest though as looked dead on his feet today in the first half. Desperately needs another body in alongside him and not a defender stepping in. Top away end today although still a ridiculous amount of tourists. Not as many as other games but still too many.
Best thing about today was winning.

Great turnaround after that silly early Palace goal. No room for error now with a few favourable results threw in for good measure.

Best thing about today is Rodri now can’t get a two match ban for picking up 10 yellows. One yellow in last 12 games i think it has been. Needs a big rest though as looked dead on his feet today in the first half. Desperately needs another body in alongside him and not a defender stepping in. Top away end today although still a ridiculous amount of tourists. Not as many as other games but still too many.
Maybe Luton home next Saturday he gets his rest.

There's something about Akanji that makes me absolutely love him.

If he's with us for an extended period I can see him developing cult status.

Signed for a relatively small fee, his signing was somewhat out of the blue, people expected him to be 5th choice and not all that good.

Turned up week in week out, had a storming debut season and is continuing where he left off this season.

Seems like a top bloke.

One of my favourite players, long may it continue.
shit or bust , akanji alway on beast mode,,,
right back , right / left wing back , dm, false #9 … no fuss no problem , leaves it all on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.