• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega
Stones, Dias, Akanji
Lewis, Rodri
De Bruyne, Foden
Bernardo, Haaland, Grealish

Just don't lose by too many. 1-0, 2-1 both acceptable.

Ortega
Stones, Dias, Akanji
Lewis, Rodri
De Bruyne, Foden
Bernardo, Haaland, Grealish

Just don't lose by too many. 1-0, 2-1 both acceptable.

Hope Akanji plays on the right, if Walker isn't fit. Vinicius would be hard to stop (Stones needs time to regain form). This is not a game for Lewis if Gvardiol and/or Walker are fit.

Ortega

Rico
Stones
Dias
Akanji

KDB
Rodri
Phil

Silva
Haaland
Grealish

Go there to win. If we try to play defensively they’ll batter us.

Compared to the starting XI at Bernabeu from last season, the likely/possible changes are: Ortega for Ederson (Ederson hasn't played a whole month), Gvardiol for Walker (Akanji at RB and Gvardiol at LB), and Foden for Gundo.

Rico had two excellent games vs Villa and Palace, but Real at Bernabeu are a different beast...Vinicius and Bellingham are classes above what Palace could offer in attack.

Guess Pep will play Bernie in the Gundo role if he decides to go with Grealish on the left. Then Foden will be used on the right. If he plays Kovacic, then Foden on the left?

I’d go:

—————-—Ederson———-
Akanji-Stones-Dias-Gvardiol
——————-Rodri—————
Foden-Bernardo-De Bruyne-Grealish
——————-Haaland————-

Don’t particularly want to see Foden shunted back out wide, but would probably start Bernardo in the middle for this.
Also depends on Stones’s fitness - was running like the Tin Man in the first half today …

What team would you select out of curiosity?

Just wondering because you've Grealish to start, Would Pep try fit in KDB, Foden, Bernie and Grealish?

I wouldn't mind seen both players you've mentioned starting although I think Kovacic is nailed on to start. I'm unsure over Grealish.
I would start Grealish over Bernardo, but look to use Bernardo off the bench.

If we are expecting Real Madrid to be putting us under a lot of pressure I'd be temped to play KDB and Foden as "strikers" but you can't let Haaland out. But twood be something like...

................. Ortega .............
Akanji ..Stones ..Dias ..Ake
..................Rodri.................
Bernardo Kovacic Grealish
............Foden ...KDB..........

My reason would be that their threat of a break could be as dangerous if not more so than Haaland's. Plus they can be more flexible if we are to control the game.

But there's zero chance of Haaland not starting and to be fair he deserves to give it his best shot on the big stage.

Foden false 9? Control the away leg?

Ederson
akanji stones dias gvardiol
rodri bernardo
foden kev grealish
haaland.

Fro me, those are the 11. Bernardo and foden can change. Id be tempted to false 9 it but Haaland will keep them stretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.