Micah Richards the pundit

Dreadful.
I play golf to a reasonable standard, but it doesn't entitle me to break down Scottie Scheffler's swing, or to say what Tommy Fleetwood did wrong to get a bogey, on Sky Sports.

Steve McInerney (Esteemed Kompany) said he met him, and the problem is he always wants to be the funniest person in the room. If that's the case, then by God he's got his work cut out. He is not in the least bit funny. Not slightly.
Maybe that’s because Micah is an anathema the tedious opinion piece wallahs. The sort of shite that fills the Athletic.

I’d rather just watch the games than listen to the pundits. A real benefit of going to most games and watching the rest in the pub is you don’t have to listen to the pundits.

There’s so much analysis that it doesn’t leave much room for insight.

Manchester City 5 - 1 Luton

Micah Richard's MOTD post-match analysis shows how Luton setup a brave low block defence.
The bloke is a complete prick.

He's become a paid mouthpiece for the likes of the BBC and Sly Sports.

When you think of the alternative ex City players of his era that are far more articulate than him and would do a much better job. It's no surprise Richards has been hired for that role.

I can’t find anything likeable about an ex City player silently watching as the awful clueless Carragher plays to the red gallery, trashing our club.

Pathetic is a more apt word.
Micah is a mercenary. Looking out for himself rather than sticking up for our club when we've always treated him well, both when he played here and while he's been a pundit.

Don't necessarily blame Micah for prioritizing money but I've lost a lot of respect for him, as have many of our fans. It's just disappointing.

The bloke is a complete prick.

He's become a paid mouthpiece for the likes of the BBC and Sly Sports.

When you think of the alternative ex City players of his era that are far more articulate than him and would do a much better job. It's no surprise Richards has been hired for that role.
Nedum Onuoha for one. Despite being consistently articulate and insightful, he's routinely ignored by the MOTD producers. The likes of Micah Richards have their place but it's more likely to be a football magazine format programme aimed squarely at your average shallow Gen Z viewer with the attention span of a gnat.

Maybe that’s because Micah is an anathema the tedious opinion piece wallahs. The sort of shite that fills the Athletic.

I’d rather just watch the games than listen to the pundits. A real benefit of going to most games and watching the rest in the pub is you don’t have to listen to the pundits.

There’s so much analysis that it doesn’t leave much room for insight.

Actually the thread had got on to Carragher. That's who I (and Steve) was referring to. Not Micah.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.