Emirates FA Cup Changes Ahead of 2024/25:

Why not go all out and seed the top teams and make them play a lower-league team

Obviously this is being led by the Premier League but why then get rid of replays in the 1st and 2nd round when those clubs aren't even involved?

No replays are an absolute joke.

Lower league clubs need replays in many ways, A big payday to lower league clubs in an FA Cup is massive for them, Plus it's always nice that they have a big team in town at their own stadium.

Replays should definitely stay especially in the early rounds, Surely then when it gets to Round 5 or the Quarter Finals then play the games without replays.

Seems like they just want the lower leagues fucked off to be honest.
Presumably the increase in pyramid funding is to compensate for the lack of replays.

Another change that belittles the competition further.

If they want to keep the FA Cup relevant, give the 4th CL place to the winner.

Then every club will go full strength every time.
= the death of the league cup but maybe that is no bad thing. I would make the league cup U23 only players for prem teams.

I highly doubt they would.

I’m also pretty sure UEFA wouldn’t allow it.
Do UEFA dictate how places are given?

The FA cup runners up are guaranteed a EL place if the winner has qualified for the CL, whereas the Carabao Cup losers are not.

This suggests it’s an FA decision, rather than a UEFA one.

Playing the final on the penultimate weekend of the PL season seems a particularly dumb idea, especially as it will probably be a few days after a potential CL semi-final.

I'm assuming they know something we don't about the schedule for the new CL format starting next year.

Remember the group stage is 10 matches not 6 so I imagine everything will get pushed a few weeks later.

I'm assuming they know something we don't about the schedule for the new CL format starting next year.

Remember the group stage is 10 matches not 6 so I imagine everything will get pushed a few weeks later.
Not sure I like 10 matches with a strange way of deciding what they are but we are stuck with it now.
There will also be the world club championship with more games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.