Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Where were all these new fans at York and Macclesfield, and don't give me all this "I wasn't even born" bollocks

Seriously I know the prices were high for the Madrid game, but they were reasonable for the Group Matches so anyone in the cup scheme would have paid a reasonable average price of around £30-£35.

This week saw the 13th anniversary of the Yaya Semi Final, so that's roughly the same time frame as the gap between my first proper football memory (1970 League Cup Final) and my first footballing trauma (Raddy Antic)

I respect all those people who dislike the CL, but City have now been successful for longer than the entire period of mid 1990s dress, and our average attendance has doubled

I'll be 60 in August and I recognise the sad reality that my demographic is being marginalised and will soon be irrelevant

However the new generation of City fans are more optimistic and might soon outnumber their raggish rivals.
I'd respect them even more if they didn't develop an interest when we played Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

I'd respect them even more if they didn't develop an interest when we played Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.
Yep.

As per my second paragraph, it's not as though the home legs v Red Star Belgrade, Young Boys and RB Leipzig were extortionately priced.
I got tickets for my partner and her daughter without any fuss, and they're not even members.

Different story when the big boys are in town.

To be fair, as far as excuses go that’s a pretty good one.
You're absolutely right, but it's comical how many people play the "Where were you at Maine Road?" Card, as some kind of badge of honour.

My nephew's almost graduated at Sheffield University and he was wasn't even born. His first game was the 0-0 v Wigan in 2007-08

He wasn't even old enough for the Pearce era

The implication is that the RM fans got them from City fans with a purchase history, in which case some bans will be forthcoming if they were reported, or the tickets went to a third party sales channel.
Won't this also be similar to the issue that United had when they played Galatasaray earlier this season?

Spanish Students who study in Manchester and probably purchase a membership and attend a few home games.

No different to my company having an office in Hamburg circa 2005-07 and me becoming a member and even travelling to a couple of their away games.
Amazing how many new friends I acquired when City were suddenly playing there.

Why didn't you get a ticket? Which bit of the purchase criteria stopped you buying one? You'll have matchday membership at least if you're a City fan so what stopped you buying a ticket?
I'm genuinely interested in this, I have no idea of the requirements as I'm on the scheme.
I think the fact £500 + gets you a ticket is the only criteria.

Won't this also be similar to the issue that United had when they played Galatasaray earlier this season?

Spanish Students who study in Manchester and probably purchase a membership and attend a few home games.

No different to my company having an office in Hamburg circa 2005-07 and me becoming a member and even travelling to a couple of their away games.
Amazing how many new friends I acquired when City were suddenly playing there.
They deserve the tickets if they have a better purchase history than some City fans. The trouble is that some city fans may have attended fifteen PL games and no CL games and they are behind those with a few CL games under their belts.
That's what pisses me off about the way we reward loyalty. The overall number of games attended is the important bit, not the number in each tournament.

Fair enough. I’ve always thought that the 192 bus is pretty well known, especially when coming into Manchester. I work in town and it’s the main bus you will likely see, but fair enough.

I guess you could also say with foden as the main character, it makes sense with him coming from Stockport/ down that main road towards the etihad.

Your one of the only match going city fans not from that way ;)
It was off to Wembley! Going north out of the city wouldn't make sense.

Again that’s fair enough. I saw the 192 bus, the mcvities factory and I thought it was pretty clear that was a road/the a6. Anyone who lives in or near Manchester would recognise that bus and where it is. That might just be me though and maybe the black flags weren’t that obvious.
I was born and brought up in Prestwich, I must’ve driven down the A6 several times down the years but I was honestly unaware til this week of the Mcvities building. Why would a random biscuit factory be memorable to me or any other blues not from that particular neck of the woods ?

Not meant as a criticism of the 1894 lads by the way, I thought it was a great display even though I and many others didn’t get the reference

I hope the ticketing clusterfuck this season sees everybody remember the way the club basically don’t give a fuck about our fans when Khaldoon gives his usual smarmy end of season interview in which he professes love and respect for the fans and there’s a wankfest about what a great guy he is and how lucky we are to have him at the helm.

He’d stab you in the back himself and drag your lifeless body out of your seat if he had a YouTuber or a wealthy away fan there ready to pay ten times what you did for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.