Chelsea (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

That was one of the biggest wins of the season for the club, the players and the fans. Everybody was emotionally and physically drained after Wednesday. To have to play a sem final at Wembley so soon afterwards was immoral. It's a ridiculous schedule. I'm amazed our clubs ever win in Europe because the fa and premier league here do fuck all to help them. Winning today will give everybody a huge boost. Lose and the pressure would have been ramped up and the shite from the media would have gone into overdrive. I said during the game we just need to scab a win and that's exactly what we did. Well done to everybody. Pep rightly proud and furious in his post match interview.

It's unacceptable to let us play today' - Guardiola critices scheduling
FT: Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Manchester City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola was furious in his post-match interview with BBC Sport that they had to play today after Wednesday's Champions League game with Real Madrid.

"It's unacceptable to let us play today," he said. "It's impossible, for the health of the players. It's not normal. It's unacceptable. 120 minutes, the emotions of Madrid, the way we lose, honestly. I know this country is special [with the FA Cup] but it's for the health of the players. I don't understand how we survived today."

Asked whether he has raised it with authorities: "Do you think demanding will change something? The only power I have I say here. Why don't we play tomorrow. Chelsea, Manchester United, Coventry didn't play midweek.

"I thought a lot. I remember two seasons ago we had Dortmund on Wednesday - and Liverpool on Saturday [in the FA Cup semi]. They were 3-0 up at half-time. They destroyed us.

"Mentally so tough to recover. Rodri, the way he played today, Kyle, who was injured for a few weeks, I don't understand how they survived.

"We want to play football. We love to play football but it's too much.

"We defend our trophy. We'll be here.

"They killed us on the transition. The game was so tight. [I thought] extra time, no please."

On what he told his players: "Don't fight against your feelings. If you're sad you're sad. If you're disappointed you're disappointed. I'm sad. I'm so down. We played an exceptional game. I said if you're sad play with your sadness."

'Unacceptable to play today'
FT: Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Neil Johnston

BBC Sport at Wembley

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking in his news conference: "I don't understand how we survived today. It's unacceptable to play today. Today is one of the greatest things I have seen from my players.

"I just want to protect my players. It's unacceptable, it's common sense. I'm not asking for something special or privilege."
It was funny when Lineker said " I think it might be something to do with us Pep"

Jesus, that was a hard watch! Just finished watching it now as we had a power cut and the electric didn't come back on till half 7!! You could tell the players were knackered, but held on..C'm on the other City...

Yes. That wanker Shearer trying to say he could have made changes. Thank fuck he didn't in spite of loads here screaming for all the kids to play. As he said himself he did that against Liverpool and we were 3-0 down at the break.

I know someone that did some plastering in his house

Said he's a tosser

Didn’t mind OliVar today, in fact dare I say it he’s turned into one of the better referees. Low bar!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.