What are your roads like?

Nethermoor

Team supported
Guiseley
I don't live in Manchester, but I do come to City games often and to the City itself.

BUT not seen enough to judge what the state of the roads are like. Trying to navigate the Leodisian roads is like driving a fire engine around London after the latest Blitz attack by Ze Germans. Potholes everywhere. Becoming a joke.

Are Manchester roads the same?

Taking all things into account, allowing for bias, and understanding that I don’t drive on every street (though I do regularly), the roads are fucking awful

Had 2 successful claims in 2 years for damage done by them

I was thinking about this the other day, am I noticing more pot holes cos my driving is getting shittier, or are there actually more of them around? The M60 is awash with them some parts is like doing 70 Down a cobbled street and I know it's gonna inconvenience people when you have to shut down portions of the motorway, but they're not gonna fix themselves are they?

I don't live in Manchester, but I do come to City games often and to the City itself.

BUT not seen enough to judge what the state of the roads are like. Trying to navigate the Leodisian roads is like driving a fire engine around London after the latest Blitz attack by Ze Germans. Potholes everywhere. Becoming a joke.

Are Manchester roads the same?
They’re the same all over and getting worse through lack of investment.

The worst I’ve come across is Edge Lane driving into Clayton Vale. It’s almost impossible to pass these days without an off-roader.

Glad (sort of) it's not just us. But it needs sorting.

Lack of funding from central government coupled with Councils wasting money seems to be the issue.

I had a burst tyre back in January near Telford. But it was pitch black and couldn't get a photo of the hole. And it would take some to pop my tyres, they're big fat SUV ones.

Wonder if the 2nd lane on the m6 has been fixed yet near Middlewich, fucking shocking. They have just been fixing some on my road, it hasn't scratched the surface the whole lot needs doing. Cheshire east are pathetic.

Just in case anybody is wondering if this is another one of those North/South things, it isn't. They're shite here too. We needed a new tire a few weeks ago.

Meandering down country lanes like an F1 car doing a warm-up lap.

Don't get me started.

The roads on a national level are a disgrace and outright dangerous.
What exactly are local councils playing at ?
In my opinion,it's little bit too simplistic to say there is a lack of funding from central goverment / the local councils are skint etc.

Take a look at the top executives/ bosses at local councils the country over...these people are drawing basic salaries of £150k to £180k !! If you can find the figures online each council has at least 10-15 top earners with these incomes. Why ?

In London their income figures are even more obscene.

The push to reduce the number of car drivers on our roads is one thing ,but cyclists are risking their lives every day, as hitting a pothole on two wheels is incredibly dangerous.

The situation is an utter disgrace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.