10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

There is no comparison between Maharez and Grealish , Suggesting that Pep instructed Grealish to be passive is not true at all .Maharez had quick feet and could dribble or chop on right foot and shoot .
There is comparison in the fact that they both played on the flank, not inside, and both learned to dictate play by deciding when to attack the fullback and when to rotate. Neither style of play is passive.

They set a price and we paid it, and both clubs have done very well since.

So I would say it was a good deal for all.
I think you're labouring under the impression that i'm against the Grealish deal.

You're pretty much agreeing with the sentiment my original post was about. What was the point of all this?

And that's where opinion is divided. Half of us feel that Grealish was integral to winning a treble and half of us feel that we won a treble in spite of having a winger with an offensive contribution that would make Nathan Redmond feel like a fraud.

We aren't going to agree on it and that's fine. What bothers me is the way that any City fan who dares to say 'hey, maybe this guy who contributes less to our attack than Nolito did just isn't very good' is treated like an idiot who simply can't understand why being great at winning fouls is more valuable to the team than actually providing a cutting edge. Two games in a row now, he has offered no real threat and then been subbed off for Doku who instantly offered more going forward. But Doku gets more hate by far. Nolito got more hate by far. Mahrez, Jesus, Cancelo, Haaland, Torres, Alvarez... every single one of those guys offered far more in the attack than Grealish and every single one has been treated like shit compared to him.

I have never seen a City player more heavily defended than Jack, and I just don't get it.
You lack the footballing acumen to see the subtle yet exceptional contributions from Jack. Goals and assists are irrelevant in modern football

Have I stumbled on Rag Cafe?

Why are people still talking about his effing price tag?

How much did that Chelsea prick that studded his knee on Saturday cost? Because honestly I’ve never heard anyone talk about that. In the media or otherwise.

And to those moaning about Grealish this season, what part of “injuries” do you not understand?

He was scoring goals in December before he got burgled which clearly and understandably affected him badly as well.

The team has looked a lot better since his return which came at just the right time.

He created plenty of chances on Saturday that weren’t capitalised on by poor finishing and out of sorts teammates but I suppose he doesn’t dance around doing it.

Some people can’t stop moaning.
Spot on

You lack the footballing acumen to see the subtle yet exceptional contributions from Jack. Goals and assists are irrelevant in modern football
"Goals and assists are irrelevant in modern football"

Not Sure If Serious GIF - Not Sure If Serious - Discover & Share GIFs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.