10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Have I stumbled on Rag Cafe?

Why are people still talking about his effing price tag?

How much did that Chelsea prick that studded his knee on Saturday cost? Because honestly I’ve never heard anyone talk about that. In the media or otherwise.

And to those moaning about Grealish this season, what part of “injuries” do you not understand?

He was scoring goals in December before he got burgled which clearly and understandably affected him badly as well.

The team has looked a lot better since his return which came at just the right time.

He created plenty of chances on Saturday that weren’t capitalised on by poor finishing and out of sorts teammates but I suppose he doesn’t dance around doing it.

Some people can’t stop moaning.

He was brilliant for us in the second half of last season. He made several key contributions. Without him we wouldn't have won the treble in my opinion. So money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
"Because Villa didn't want to sell him. They made a huge asking price to put us off but it didn't work. We were adamant about getting him."
So Villa were keen on selling him to City were they?

Right.

So Villa were keen on selling him to City were they?

Right.
Villa knew we wanted to buy and we were willing to pay whatever amount they valued their player at, plus they knew they risked having a disgruntled player if we met their valuation only for them to pull the plug on the deal. If they didn't want to sell they would have told us right away.

No, because Pep didn’t want a player that plays like Bailey, he wanted a player that plays like Jack Grealish, thats why he bought him,it’s why he plays him in the bigger games and why we won a treble.

And that's where opinion is divided. Half of us feel that Grealish was integral to winning a treble and half of us feel that we won a treble in spite of having a winger with an offensive contribution that would make Nathan Redmond feel like a fraud.

We aren't going to agree on it and that's fine. What bothers me is the way that any City fan who dares to say 'hey, maybe this guy who contributes less to our attack than Nolito did just isn't very good' is treated like an idiot who simply can't understand why being great at winning fouls is more valuable to the team than actually providing a cutting edge. Two games in a row now, he has offered no real threat and then been subbed off for Doku who instantly offered more going forward. But Doku gets more hate by far. Nolito got more hate by far. Mahrez, Jesus, Cancelo, Haaland, Torres, Alvarez... every single one of those guys offered far more in the attack than Grealish and every single one has been treated like shit compared to him.

I have never seen a City player more heavily defended than Jack, and I just don't get it.

Edited to add that I somehow forgot to even mention Raheem Sterling, who racked up something like 84 goals and 42 assists in the league alone for City. Jack is currently on 11 of each. You'll never guess which one the average City fan thought was more deserving of abuse.

Last edited:
No, because Pep didn’t want a player that plays like Bailey
Based on what?

If you gave Pep two choices: either you get a winger who is decent at keeping the ball and scores/assists a lot, or a winger who is decent at keeping the ball and scores/assists significantly less than Kelechi Iheanacho, I am pretty confident that he would choose the former.

Last edited:
Did Pep pay too much for his watch?
Are Khaldoon's shoes too expensive?
Why can't Txiki wear polyester?

The 100m Grealish borefest continues.
Hope you all get your investment money back.
I have it on good authority that Pep gets his watches for free based on him wearing them at pre & post match interviews.

'just sayin.

Therein is the key. The more Grealish attempts to take on his man, the more it becomes a personal battle and, given the space, he'll maybe have success in 30-40% of the carries. The same was true for Mahrez. These guys have been under explicit instruction and have made the team because they follow orders and keep the ball. The moment we start playing Doku/Savio/Haaland/Foden together, we are at a greater risk of turning over possession and having to run up and down the park more. Grealish has been key to us finding balance again this season and will be integral if we are to win more trophies, but that will only happen if we are true to our principles and keep the ball.
There is no comparison between Maharez and Grealish , Suggesting that Pep instructed Grealish to be passive is not true at all .Maharez had quick feet and could dribble or chop on right foot and shoot .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.