Premier League Games (midweek) 23/24/25 April '24

Not sure what to make of that. Happy with the win but fuck me that was like playing a League 2 side. I don't actually think we were all that good but Chelsea tactically were all at sea and left so much space and Odegaard tore them a new one.

Pretty much guarantees goal difference is in our favour so if we win all our matches then the Dippers can't overtake us, depends on what City do now. Brighton away City will win, I think there's 2 away games at Fulham and Sp*rs in 4 days which will be the toughest period for City - if they get through those unscathed then City will win. I suspect Arsenal may still drop 2 more points- either at Spurs or the Rags. I doubt Bournemouth or Everton at the Emirates will pose too much of a threat.

Not sure what to make of that. Happy with the win but fuck me that was like playing a League 2 side. I don't actually think we were all that good but Chelsea tactically were all at sea and left so much space and Odegaard tore them a new one.

Pretty much guarantees goal difference is in our favour so if we win all our matches then the Dippers can't overtake us, depends on what City do now. Brighton away City will win, I think there's 2 away games at Fulham and Sp*rs in 4 days which will be the toughest period for City - if they get through those unscathed then City will win. I suspect Arsenal may still drop 2 more points- either at Spurs or the Rags. I doubt Bournemouth or Everton at the Emirates will pose too much of a threat.
Weren’t you that Arsenal fan who congratulated us on the title a few weeks back?

It happens. I can never remember who it was but there was a player for Arsenal mid 00s who openly said he hates football but he just happens to be good at it. He hates the game though. Made his money out of it and that was that.

I think sometimes people forget this is their job. Some love all aspects of it and some, like it seems with Sterling, just do it because they can.
Different sport, but Andre Agassi said that he hated playing tennis, he ended up being pretty good at it though didn't he and certainly made a few bob from it!. Apparently he got sick of playing tennis because his dad pushed him so much he resented it and he preferred playing football (proper football not the NFL thing) when he was growing up!

Fickle Arsenal fans staying to the end. Can't stop laughing, as a collective their fanbase are an embarrassment. All fucked off with 5mins to go last week, this week all celebrating winning the league.

If ever there was a bipolar fanbase then these bluds and fams are the epitome of it.

You get me.

You'll smash your remaining home games. Spurs away intrigues me. They are the Bottlers Supreme, but the CL is on the line. I think you'll win it, but just not sure. Derbies are always weird. In 2018 we lost at home to the rags 3-2 when we were absolutely walking the league (and when we were walking that game, 2-0 up).
The rags themselves are weird this year. A poor team, but they've had some strange results, and a ton of luck.
Chelsea have no characters who stand up, no spine whatsoever. I dislike Terry, but people like him, Lampard, Cech, Drogba were genuine leaders. They are in for a long crossing of the desert. Mind you, there are deserts and deserts. Relegation is a whole different level of desert. And we know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.