North Stand Expansion

Every club is at it. Look at the remaining city games on Livetickets ie 500 all over the stadium for the Wolves game.

They are club partners - if any UK company was flogging thousands of tickets for individual PL games there would be arrests made in the morning.

Madness that some on here are saying show me proof !!! Ffs ask any tourist in where they bought their ticket for a game which was mysteriously sold out on the club planner months ago.

The are selling tickets for huge mark ups without having to deal with any shit from supporters about prices as they are using the cover of Livefootball.

Isn't it possible to aim for the best of both worlds. Success. Great facilities. A decent stand that gives people the experience they want? Criticising pricing decisions or organisational skills, or the new stand management isn't being ungrateful, it's just not wanting to lie down like a sad irrelevant nobody and accept poor decisions being made. Being critical of the bad decisions the suits make isn't being anti city in any way.

They're money grabbers who have brought a lot of success, but that doesn't excuse some of the bad stuff they do. People that criticise are actually just trying to make things better.....imo
The money grabbing thing is nonsense.They have put far more money into City than they’ve taken out, if they wanted money making ventures there are far better places to invest their money for a far higher return. Do they want a better return than some fans would like ,maybe, do they do things not in the interests of some old time fans, probably.
We don’t know,exactly what their plans for the new extension are yet, I’ll wait and see but I do believe the owners will plan for a large section of our fan base. Anyone thinking different owners would do it any better or are IMO, deluded.

Are we any different from any other top club?
We could be, but we choose not to be off the pitch. We have followed what the other big clubs have done to and with their fan bases. We could have been bold and visionary in the way we sell and price our tickets, involving the fans, instead we attend the PL club meetings along with the very same clubs that have tried to destroy City over the last 15 years, discussed issues effecting other clubs and our club, and implement the same ideas and changes, but in different ways, that effect our fan base. The latest one, clubs clamping down on fans allowing family and friends to us season tickets.

I’m sure you haven’t forgot City wanting to join the super league, then backing out after the backlash from City fans, and Khaldoon offering a grovelling apology. That was the prime example of Sheikh Mansour’s club following the other PL clubs for fear of losing out on £100’s millions, with no thought at all for City fans and what City fans wanted, which wasn’t City in a Super League. Why would any City fan want City in a Super League? Only the people running City did.

Last edited:
The money grabbing thing is nonsense.They have put far more money into City than they’ve taken out, if they wanted money making ventures there are far better places to invest their money for a far higher return. Do they want a better return than some fans would like ,maybe, do they do things not in the interests of some old time fans, probably.
We don’t know,exactly what their plans for the new extension are yet, I’ll wait and see but I do believe the owners will plan for a large section of our fan base. Anyone thinking different owners would do it any better or are IMO, deluded.

If Sheikh Mansour sold City today he would make a huge profit on the club, on the land, and on the other investments in Manchester, like Manchester Life. Yes, he wants a return in his investment, which he’s now getting, £80mill profit last financial year. Long term, Sheikh Mansour will get all his money back and more. I have no doubt about that.

We could be, but we choose not to be off the pitch. We have followed what the other big clubs have done to and with their fan bases. We could have been bold and visionary in the way we sell and price our tickets, involving the fans, instead we attend the PL club meetings along with the very same clubs that have tried to destroy City over the last 15 years, discuss issues effecting other clubs and our club, and implement the same ideas and changes, but in different ways, that effect our fan base. The latest one, clubs clamping down on fans allowing family and friends to us season tickets.

I’m sure you haven’t forgot City wanting to join the super league, then backing out after the backlash from City fans, and Khaldoon offering a grovelling apology. That was the prime example of Sheikh Mansour’s club following the other PL clubs for fear of losing out on £100’s millions, with no thought at all for City fans and what City fans wanted, which wasn’t City in a Super League. Why would any City fan want City in a Super League? Only the people running City did.
You have a point - but if the super league had gone ahead, we would have been left generations behind. Club hedged their bets. It’s business

You have a point - but if the super league had gone ahead, we would have been left generations behind. Club hedged their bets. It’s business

If the super league had gone ahead there would have been 1000’s of empty seats at the Etihad. I would have packed it in, like 1000’s of other City fans. Those seats would have been filled by our new fans, tourists, football fans, day trippers, half and half scarfers who want to watch City play Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, etc instead of Burnley, Luton, Villa, Everton, etc.

If Sheikh Mansour sold City today he would make a huge profit on the club, on the land, and on the other investments in Manchester, like Manchester Life. Yes, he wants a return in his investment, which he’s now getting, £80mill profit last financial year. Long term, Sheikh Mansour will get all his money back and more. I have no doubt about that.
I’m sure he will, and as you say it’s an asset.Not sure any of the shareholders have taken any of the profit out yet though, but wouldn’t really know.
I understand they aren’t pefect and different fans have different complaints. Money grabbing though ,with all the investment that’s gone in and is going in isn’t one of them. See the Glazers for that.

I’m sure he will, and as you say it’s an asset.Not sure any of the shareholders have taken any of the profit out yet though, but wouldn’t really know.
I understand they aren’t pefect and different fans have different complaints. Money grabbing though ,with all the investment that’s gone in and is going in isn’t one of them. See the Glazers for that.
I’ve never called Shiekh Mansour money grabbing. (I’m not saying you said I did) Nobody can argue or question his long-term vision and investment in the club, the CFG, East Manchester, and Manchester. We’re all grateful for what he’s done for the club on and off the pitch.

The only part of his ownership, which may not be of his doing, that has soured over the years, is the disconnect and discord between the club and the fans. I appreciate the club has to make some tough and unpopular decisions to increase the revenues coming into the club, but that could have been done better in my opinion.

That’s why I’m hoping along with many other City fans the club delivers a proper home end that all City fans want. That would be a positive start which the club and the fans can build on together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.