It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The bleedin obvs, Philips and Gomez are goners. "Dicky" Walker is on the wane and may want to go. "Bernardo to Barca" is like a media virus, how can that happen when they couldn't afford Cancelo ? Ortega has itchy feet. Tommy Doyle looks like he's gone for approx £5m ! absolutely astounding value compared to Nunes. There are approx 15 out on loan, but I can't think of one that will nail down a squad place for us, even Jimmy Mac has struggled due to the woeful squad at SUFC. That lot should bring £100m in.

If we have £150m in the kitty we could go shopping with £250m.

We already have Savio and Echeverri. Our left back blind spot is ridiculous, maybe just maybe it will get fixed for around £50m. At right back Frimpong looks likely with a £35m release. That leaves £165m for 2 or 3 others, hopefully one or two out of Bruno, Paqueta, Musiala and the Turkish Sergio look alike with a name beyond my spelling. If Ortega goes bring back Jimmy Trafford and start a transition between him and Eddy that should take 2 or 3 years to complete.

The bleedin obvs, Philips and Gomez are goners. "Dicky" Walker is on the wane and may want to go. "Bernardo to Barca" is like a media virus, how can that happen when they couldn't afford Cancelo ? Ortega has itchy feet. Tommy Doyle looks like he's gone for approx £5m ! absolutely astounding value compared to Nunes. There are approx 15 out on loan, but I can't think of one that will nail down a squad place for us, even Jimmy Mac has struggled due to the woeful squad at SUFC. That lot should bring £100m in.

We already have Savio and Echeverri. Our left back blind spot is ridiculous, maybe just maybe it will get fixed for around £50m. At right back Frimpong looks likely with a £35m release. That leaves £165m for 2 or 3 others, hopefully one or two out of Bruno, Paqueta, Musiala and the Turkish Sergio look alike with a name beyond my spelling. If Ortega goes bring back Jimmy Trafford and start a transition between him and Eddy that should take 2 or 3 years to complete.
We have the best set of left-backs in the world in Nathan and Josko :). More likely, I think we could get Jarrad Branthwaite, considering his rumours, the health status of Johnny Stones, the fact he can only give us so many games a season, and the new rumour of moving Akanji to RB full-time.

Think his best role is in one similar to Ake/Gvardiol as the outside CB/LB hybrid.
I was think a hybrid role on the Right side, rather than the Left. We are stacked on the left.
Not so sure we need him.
Stones being an injury magnet says otherwise. Ake is also become injury prone too. Maybe a possible departure of Walker?
Dealing with Levy is a nightmare unfortunately.

We have the best set of left-backs in the world in Nathan and Josko :). More likely, I think we could get Jarrad Branthwaite, considering his rumours, the health status of Johnny Stones, the fact he can only give us so many games a season, and the new rumour of moving Akanji to RB full-time.
Hopefully Akanji as a starting right back next season is bs...need a real full back ,who can attack down the wings

Leaving and wouldn't miss: Cancelo, Philips, Gomez

Leaving and will miss: Bernie

Incomings: Savio, Paqueta, Frimpong (or another CB if no change in style)

If we play a back 5, or just tilt our back 4, then those 3 incomings is all we really need with the current 4 who are likely to go.

If Pep doesn't want an attacking fullback, and just wants to keep doing the 4 CB thing, then instead of Frimpong it would be some righted CB I imagine, haven't clue who is popular, but somebody for Walker long term regardless.

Hearing about Musiala, Bruno etc, I don't see it unless somebody else leaves, and the only player I can possibly see leaving on top of these is Nunes (at best).

Txiki the nose will sort it.

Dicky Walker FFS

This makes the most sense. Don’t see any other incomings at the back. Walker Cancelo and Gomez to leave

Branthwaite feels more like a Man United signing to me. I think we can get better profiles outside of England. Diomande or Yoro come to mind. Issue is Yoro is Madrid's main target this summer, and Diomande has been getting some Newcastle links. These lads offer much higher ceilings than Jarrad and will likely incur similar fees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.