Question Time

First I’ve heard of him last night, as a Tory he wasn’t the worst. Not saying a lot.
He backed Truss and Kwarteng’s budget and praised how they had strengthened the Pound, 45 mins before it hit an all time low against the Dollar.

Hes obviously unable to critically think and is merely a vessel to blow smoke up whoever is his leader at the time.

Thats a good point, but are you saying that in the last 20years we have had nearly 3million more people with dementia who now qualify for disability benefit? Seems a lot to me?
Dementia was an example he gave, there are lots of reasons for being disabled and age is not always a factor. I feel you are seeking an answer you want to hear rather than looking at this from the point of reality regarding the numbers of people claiming disability allowance. Yes, it hs increased, but I don't believe there will be an answer that scratches your itch

Believe me, to get PiP, you have to satisfy stringent criteria

Last edited:
The problem isn't so much the potentially rhetorical question he asked, it's this line: "There's an exclusion on people from Rwanda being sent to Rwanda."

That's the giveaway that he has absolutely no clue whatsoever about the country he and his party deem to be safe.

response of the lady 2 seats along that sums him up - the shock at his ignorance

Dementia was an example he gave, there are lots of reasons for being disabled and age is not always a factor. I feel you are seeking an answer you want to hear rather than looking at this from the point of reality regarding the numbers of people claiming disability allowance. Yes, it hs increased, but I don't believe there will be an answer that scatches your itch

Believe me, to get PiP, you have to satisfy stringent criteria
Not really looking for something that scratches an itch lol, I am genuinely puzzled by it, but I do genuinely feel more informed by these exchanges. I know a couple of people who are struggling with long covid, but both are managing to work. I also see the correlation with age and dementia, I certainly know a fair few people who have this horrible disease. I hadnt really put two and two together. Cheers

Last edited:
He backed Truss and Kwarteng’s budget and praised how they had strengthened the Pound, 45 mins before it hit an all time low against the Dollar.

Hes obviously unable to critically think and is merely a vessel to blow smoke up whoever is his leader at the time.

Fair enough. Not a chance in hell they're getting my vote anyway.

So having gone to the doctor to get treatment because you're ill, you then, rather than having the doctor quickly fill out a form, have to go to another person for another consultation to get a sick note? Genius.

I can understand one fucking plum coming out and showing the nation how utterly fucking brain dead he is. But in this case I think this plum has shown the nation how utterly brain dead this Conservative government is.

Wouldn’t often stick up for a Tory but clearly he was just having a bit of a brain fart understanding the question and when the penny dropped clarified about the safety legislation for not being sent there if in harm - so he did recover I felt.
I just think he failed to grasp the point. If you're a Congolese war refugee could you be deported to the country that's at war with Congo? (That said, which Congo is actually at war at Rwanda?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.