PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

‘Good evening, this is Clive Myrie on BBC 6 o’clock news, we start with the breaking news about the complete exoneration and dropping of all alleged charges against magnificent Manchester City football club by the premier league. To get the latest we go live to Dan Roan who is outside the magnificent Manchester City Etihad stadium. Dan, what does this all mean?’

‘Clive, you bluenose bastard, it means that City have done nothing wrong, and I’ve been telling lies for over 10 years about them, and now I’ve got this fucking letter <waves piece of paper> saying see you in court, signed Khaldoon, and I’ve got an appointment 1st thing tomorrow with the director general about why as head of sport I’ve had , in his words, ‘my head up my ass’ reporting on City. You can wipe that stupid grin off your face Clive!’

‘Well thanks Dan, I think you’ve said it all, and ill see you at your leaving wake tomorrow lunchtime, in other news there has been reports of mass piss boiling taking place in a diverse range of cities and countries, Liverpool, Most of London and the Home Counties, Ireland and
most of Scandinavia are suffering from localised tsunami’s of piss running through the streets… still never mind hey!’
Thats great hahahahaha, bravo JASR sir, bravo.

As much as I'd like that Facebook post to be true, it almost certainly isn't.
The snippets of information (or mood music, if you like) seem to be positive for City right now.
Word does get out in most cases before the official announcements (CAS being an exception). Sometimes rumours are dropped on purpose to "prepare" the public for the shit storm acoming.
The mood music lately is a pro-City narrative, and I'll take that.
The biggest of all indicators for me was the rags taking Omar as their new CEO. It just absolutely wouldn't happen if his hands were dirty. Even if he was a whistle-blower, his reputation would be in the toilet, with City's.
That appointment is not subject to the charges being dismissed, the guy will be their new top dog come what may. He just couldn't do that if there was the faintest whiff of shit emanating from him.
With shock-jock journos now being informed of their own "alleged breaches" and subsequently gagged, it adds up to something I can be upbeat about.
I believe, if what has been reported online is true, there will be an exit strategy agreed. A slow drip-drip of news favourable to City is a way of grooming the rabid football supporting public to come to terms with the decision.
The media have gone waaaay overboard with their reporting of this case. The vilification of our club has got a lot of fans frothing at the teeth. They need simmering slowly or there could be issues of match day violence.
All my opinion of course.

I don't think for one moment they've been "dropped".

But there's a sense that Murray Rosen is saying they're weak, and the PL are looking for a way out. Hence the approach from them about a settlement.
To drop them all would make the pl look even more ridiculous than it currently does, the optics are unthinkable

‘Good evening, this is Clive Myrie on BBC 6 o’clock news, we start with the breaking news about the complete exoneration and dropping of all alleged charges against magnificent Manchester City football club by the premier league. To get the latest we go live to Dan Roan who is outside the magnificent Manchester City Etihad stadium. Dan, what does this all mean?’
Top work mate.

Or the camera cuts to Roan, nailed to a cross, along with a load of his fellow "journalists", all singing 'Always look on the bright side of life".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.