The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hope spurs dont lose the points gap with the teams below them, it could go the other way that there trying to secure a Europa lg place insted of dropping down to the Europa Conference

I'm an advocate of our team also has a part to play at Spurs, and is not all entirely up to them.

But for arguments' sake. Should Spurs find themselves in a position that they are trying to secure a europa league place in their game against us, that will mean that utd have beaten Arsenal before that.

Yeah good points, but you're not taking into account the refs/VAR and who employs them and whether they want a team not owned by someone Arabic or a redtop team with influence in the cartel to win it.

Keep up it’s now the refs do games in the UAE so our owner can give them money!!

I haven't liked the fact we've been playing catch up. We keep closing the gap, but we're not able to put much pressure on Arsenal in terms of points on the board.

They beat Bournemouth, pressure back on us for Wolves.

But get through this weekend with 3pts and we have the chance to win at Fulham and put pressure on them. We'd be top by 2pts and they have a night and morning thinking about it, before they play the rags. That ups the pressure on them from setting the pace. It's a different challenge for them having to get a result with the other team setting the pace. If they get through that, then I'll start sweating over Spurs.
Blame TV manipulation of the fixture list.

Still one game at a time for me.

One game at a time. Focus on Wolves and them alone.
Don’t worry about if’s, but’s and maybe’s, it’s time you won’t get back and regardless if any of us think this or that about Arsenal, Tottenham or whoever, it won’t make one iota of difference to the result.
Pep and our boys are in the zone. They are in control. Trust them.
CTID
Absolutely this. One game at a time. If you think too far ahead life has a funny knack of kicking you in the bollocks.

I'm strangely at peace with it all. If we win all 3 of our games and City finish on top then it will mean they're the better team and deserve it. Vice versa if the opposite happens. But a couple of weeks ago we were thinking ahead to 'if we win the North London Derby we win the league' and then Villa came to piss on our chips (and they have been shite since). And a couple of weeks before that it was 'fuck, the Dippers will win all their matches, the league has gone' from both Arsenal and City fans. Look how that worked out for Liverpool.

So next game is always the important one.

We not had a final day win needing somebody to slip up before have we ?

Could be good fun if it happened:)

To the best of my knowledge whenever we’ve won the title or clinched promotion on the final day of a season, we’ve always gone into the game knowing what we needed to do and not relying on any other result(s). That doesn’t apply to relegation where we’ve needed help a couple of times that I can think of and things didn’t work out.
I hope that ‘fun‘ comment was irony. Not something I’d look forward to at all!

No thanks, let’s go into the final match with our destiny in our own hands

To the best of my knowledge whenever we’ve won the title or clinched promotion on the final day of a season, we’ve always gone into the game knowing what we needed to do and not relying on any other result(s).
Not strictly true when we played Charlton in ‘85. We went into that game on equal points with Portsmouth but with a goal difference of plus four. They could have theoretically overtaken us even if we’d won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.