PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If the full final hearing is due to take place in the autumn it is extremely likely that there have been one or more preliminary hearings along the way. In particular a hearing called a pre hearing review is likely to have taken place. This hearing usually is held when all the evidence has been provided and all sides know exactly what the real issues in the case are going to be.

It is far from unusual for the judge at such a hearing to express a preliminary view, sometimes as an encouragement to the parties to settle the case. Based on what we know about the evidence and the legal hurdles the PL have to clear, it would not be surprising if the preliminary view was “you’re going to get creamed.”

In those circumstances the PL may, without actually having dropped the charges, be looking for ways to back out gracefully.

In other words, IF there is any substance in the rumours flying around I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the optimism surrounding the club stems from that kind of hearing taking place.

It may all be complete bollocks but on the face of it the PL being told they are on a hiding to nothing and looking for an exit strategy is entirely plausible.
You’ve been top on this thread mate.

Something has changed behind the scenes , our club was aways reluctant to retaliate against the throng of unproven and uninformed smears on our club , but now Goldbridge has had a rocket up his arse and no doubt a few more have had the same.
Its a sign that our club are expecting a postitve outcome i dont think we would be sending out warnings to the nay sayers unless we were superemely confident of the decision.

If the full final hearing is due to take place in the autumn it is extremely likely that there have been one or more preliminary hearings along the way. In particular a hearing called a pre hearing review is likely to have taken place. This hearing usually is held when all the evidence has been provided and all sides know exactly what the real issues in the case are going to be.

It is far from unusual for the judge at such a hearing to express a preliminary view, sometimes as an encouragement to the parties to settle the case. Based on what we know about the evidence and the legal hurdles the PL have to clear, it would not be surprising if the preliminary view was “you’re going to get creamed.”

In those circumstances the PL may, without actually having dropped the charges, be looking for ways to back out gracefully.

In other words, IF there is any substance in the rumours flying around I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the optimism surrounding the club stems from that kind of hearing taking place.

It may all be complete bollocks but on the face of it the PL being told they are on a hiding to nothing and looking for an exit strategy is entirely plausible.
We’re obliged.

I am expecting some sort of statement will be issued before the hearing stating that no further action will be taken, i suspect we will give the PL a way to save face to an extent and we will get some punishment for failing to co-operate.

Something along the lines of, City were found not to have broken the rules but could have brought this to an earlier conclusion if they had provided the information required, as such a settlement of £xxx million has been agreed for non-co-operation, and this will close the matter in full.

In effect clears us of wrongdoing but also allows the PL to save face.

I'd rather sue them for multi millions of pounds.
I think we should be allowed to interview masters new replacement when he falls on his sword.
You know... like Liverpool and United got him the gig in the first place.
Also one of ours on the board of the f.a and uefa.
You know like united and Liverpool.. also psg.

@tolmie's hairdoo keeps liking all my posts when i write that I'm sceptical there's any actual truth to these rumours.

That alone is fucking with my head. What you playing at TH? Is this deliberate? Am I thinking too much into it? I'm literally on here telling everyone to ignore the signs as noise now I'm getting worked up about something which is even less of a "sign". My head's gone. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.