Marcos Lopes

IMO another year out on loan and this kid could potentially break through. Hope so anyway seems like a nice down to earth young lad with plenty of confidence.

There is absolutely no reason at all for him to go back out on loan. He shouldn't have gone in the first place and if he's going again then we may as well just sell him and let him actually have a career somewhere.

With Lille he will play +20 games per season.

With us, he will play once every two months in the Carling Cup.

So its better for his development to go where he can play regularly.

Rony is absolute class. I really do have a great feeling about him. He's still so young and for those who are arguing about the experience he could gain on loan, imagine giving him an entire season to learn from and work with Merlin. If he progresses I think there could be a very smooth passing of the torch once Dave calls it a career or goes back home to Spain. Keep him in Manchester next year Manuel.

With Lille he will play +20 games per season.

With us, he will play once every two months in the Carling Cup.

So its better for his development to go where he can play regularly.

Then we should sack the manager and put somebody in who will play him more than once every two months.

Good read that mate.
Then we should sack the manager and put somebody in who will play him more than once every two months.
I agree, although thats not going to happen next season. I still hope that City promote three into the first team squad next season. Lopes, Denayer and Kelechi. They probably wont get as many games as we would hope but they will get their opportunity and hopefully take it when it comes. Cup games, cover for injury, impact subs and carefully chosen EPL games should achieve careful integration into the first team and allow them to demonstrate they are good enough.

Kelechi IS somebody who needs to show more despite being the main forum KFA's player of choice after a couple of decent goals. Too early to make a judgement on him as it could just be great form and a few months in the EDS can't hurt with a January promotion.

Lopes and Denayer should already be in the squad and next year should have already been looking to displace first teamers. God knows what we'll do with them but I imagine our response will be to ignore them again, forcing us to stick them out on loan and waste yet another season of their careers holding on for a moment that will never come.

Looking good so far today. Interesting that the commentator is pronouncing his name not as lopez but lopes, as in sounds like mopes. He even said it was requested that he pronounced it that way.

Turns out that's how it's pronounced in Portuguese... Lopes Mendes beach in Brazil is pronounced Lops Mends!

Class player but think the club will loan him out for another season.

Kelechi IS somebody who needs to show more despite being the main forum KFA's player of choice after a couple of decent goals. Too early to make a judgement on him as it could just be great form and a few months in the EDS can't hurt with a January promotion.

Lopes and Denayer should already be in the squad and next year should have already been looking to displace first teamers. God knows what we'll do with them but I imagine our response will be to ignore them again, forcing us to stick them out on loan and waste yet another season of their careers holding on for a moment that will never come.
Depending on who leaves, they may get more opportunity than you expect. I do think this is a key stage of the development of the academy as we clearly now have a small group of youngsters who are good enough to be part of the first team squad. If we don't blood them next season what does that say about our commitment and investment in youth. I think we will see two or three promoted. Hopefully your expectation will be exceeded.

Depending on who leaves, they may get more opportunity than you expect. I do think this is a key stage of the development of the academy as we clearly now have a small group of youngsters who are good enough to be part of the first team squad. If we don't blood them next season what does that say about our commitment and investment in youth. I think we will see two or three promoted. Hopefully your expectation will be exceeded.

It probably would say that although we are focusing on youth, these particular players are not deemed to be ready for the first team squad yet...

But that's just me and I tend to not to read into things that are most likely not there. Occams Razor and all that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.