Marcos Lopes

It probably would say that although we are focusing on youth, these particular players are not deemed to be ready for the first team squad yet...

But that's just me and I tend to not to read into things that are most likely not there. Occams Razor and all that...
The question for me, is the first team squad part of the development strategy (it bloody well should be). So have the two or three young players demonstrated enough to be promoted to the first team squad to continue their development. In the case of Denayer it's difficult to see what more he could have done this season. So if he isn't given the opportunity next season, quite correctly, the clubs commitment to youth will come under serious scrutiny. How many times have we heard on this forum that Mangala 'isn't the finished article'? Lopes, Denayer aren't either but imo City need to give them a similar opportunity as that given to Mangala with hopefully similar game time. That for me would prove a real success next season.

If City want to be serious about our youth developing into the 1st team they should let the manager know that they have to make 2 spots available on the bench and try to get the game time for experience, other wise we never going to get any players through..

Kelechi IS somebody who needs to show more despite being the main forum KFA's player of choice after a couple of decent goals. Too early to make a judgement on him as it could just be great form and a few months in the EDS can't hurt with a January promotion.

Lopes and Denayer should already be in the squad and next year should have already been looking to displace first teamers. God knows what we'll do with them but I imagine our response will be to ignore them again, forcing us to stick them out on loan and waste yet another season of their careers holding on for a moment that will never come.

I'm sorry mate but that's absolute bollocks about Kelechi he is probably the best kid we've got in that age group. He's not played serious football for a year & what he has done already since starting at City, is fantastic. If we have an Aguero or Ronaldo in the EDS it's him.

I'm sorry mate but that's absolute bollocks about Kelechi he is probably the best kid we've got in that age group. He's not played serious football for a year & what he has done already since starting at City, is fantastic. If we have an Aguero or Ronaldo in the EDS it's him.

I disagree because as you point out, it's such a short time to judge him on that we don't know where he is on the form scale. I'd love him to go straight into the first team, would adore it if it were anybody else in the world but an extra few months confirmation in the EDS couldn't possibly harm him. As you say there's been a lengthy spell out of regular football and 8-12 weeks of extra consideration can't really hurt. If nothing else then it gives him regular games for required fitness.

I'm a fan of his but his spell on the sidelines and the couple of stand out performances have got me wondering if this is the bottom end of his performance scale or the top. Don't see how those few weeks can harm him, and as you know you'll never find a more willing poster to give the lads a chance. Seems no lose to start in the EDS next year with the view of a mid season promotion and early season promotion if he's still flying.

I disagree because as you point out, it's such a short time to judge him on that we don't know where he is on the form scale. I'd love him to go straight into the first team, would adore it if it were anybody else in the world but an extra few months confirmation in the EDS couldn't possibly harm him. As you say there's been a lengthy spell out of regular football and 8-12 weeks of extra consideration can't really hurt. If nothing else then it gives him regular games for required fitness.

I'm a fan of his but his spell on the sidelines and the couple of stand out performances have got me wondering if this is the bottom end of his performance scale or the top. Don't see how those few weeks can harm him, and as you know you'll never find a more willing poster to give the lads a chance. Seems no lose to start in the EDS next year with the view of a mid season promotion and early season promotion if he's still flying.
Which is precisely why those running the football side of the club will know whether he (or anyone else) is ready for the first team, a far better idea than fans on a forum.

Which is precisely why those running the football side of the club will know whether he (or anyone else) is ready for the first team, a far better idea than fans on a forum.

Agreed, football professionals like World Cup Winner/experienced manager Alan Ball know when people are ready purely because of the words somebody printed on their business card.

Considering he only signed 8 months ago that's a pretty idiotic question really, wouldn't you agree.
What are you talking about? Lopes signed for us in 2011? So he's been a part of our academy for more than 3 years, so therefore I guess he's HG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.