Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'life at risk' is a pretty poor argument

We are the only bidder(by the looks of it) because we are willing to pay top dollar and we need him in our team. And, for all you and me know, he might only be interested in joining us and has nothing to do with 'if he's that good'

How much do you value him at?
£50m!

I love an informed, intelligent debate. Next!
I'm glad to hear it, here's some more:

Lets approximate City's revenue for the current financial year to £400m to keep it simple. We sign Sterling for £50m amortised over 5 years, £10m per year, so 2.5% of the total revenue is spent on his fee.

Assuming that all revenue streams contribute in equal proportion to the cost that means 2.5 % of your (and my) S/T cost goes towards the transfer fee each year.

In my case that amounts to £16.25, if you want to be like the media and throw in the wages then let's be generous and call that another £10m per year, so another £16.25 of my S/T money. £32.50 in total.

Why is that such an issue for you? I genuinely don't understand.

Sorry if already posted but daily mail is carrying a story he flew back from Ibiza by private jet.
Wonder why he'd do that or has some third party laid it on for him ?
Maybe some of our plane spotters could tell who thre plane belongs to from the reg ?
Be great if he stepped off the big blue City Etihad one, City scarf with Bobby Manc knot, shades, bottle of bubbly and a busty blonde either side!

True. But we're buying him, expecting him to be here for a long time. And if he was to be sold we''ll get a hefty fee in return. Even if we buy him for £50 million and sell him in 3 years time for £35 million it's only costing us £5 million a year and will be shown as a profit on sale of asset in the balance books.

Perhaps this is a better way of looking at it. Whether we buy him for £40 million or £50 million, he's costing us near enough the equivalent of a Scott Sinclair a season.
I hope we sign him and he has a long and distinguished career but there is nothing to actually stop him running his contract down like Jimmy Milner.

The 'life at risk' is a pretty poor argument

We are the only bidder(by the looks of it) because we are willing to pay top dollar and we need him in our team. And, for all you and me know, he might only be interested in joining us and has nothing to do with 'if he's that good'

How much do you value him at?

Hardly, people do die inhaling Helium.

£25m. Maybe he has potential. In the world cup I remeber him trying to dribble from his own box because he was caught up in the hype. For Liverpool, poor end ball and running into dead ends.
If Navas beats a couple of men , looks up and sees nobody in the box, what will be the difference when Sterling looks up?

Raheem Sterling takes private jet back to England as Manchester City consider one last bid for £50m Liverpool youngster
  • Raheem Sterling has flown back to England with his future still undecided
  • Liverpool star boarded a private jet from party island Ibiza on Saturday
  • Manchester City are considering upping their £40m bid for the youngster
  • The 20-year-old has been enjoying a short break after end of the season
By Oliver Todd for MailOnline

Published: 10:13 GMT, 21 June 2015 | Updated: 10:41 GMT, 21 June 2015

In-demand Liverpool star Raheem Sterling has returned to England from his holiday in Ibiza as speculation over his future continues to rumble on.

The 20-year-old has been spending some of his summer break on the party island but boarded a private jet home on Saturday with Manchester City thought to be preparing a £50million bid.

The Barclays Premier League runners-up had a £40m offer rejected by Liverpool earlier this week and are now weighing up whether there would be value in increasing that and making Sterling the most expensive English player of all time.

The England international appeared to enjoy his time away this week despite his latest 'laughing gas' controversy and the ongoing speculation about his future.

While Sterling prepared to head home, his huge valuation was being criticised by former England international Ferdinand on Twitter.

The ex-Leeds United defender posted: 'English players are soooo overpriced right now it's a joke! (Harry) Kane & sterling have huge potential but 40m & 50m...(Sergio) aguero 38m & (Alexis) sanchez 32m!!!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.