Charles Aranguiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he looked good at the world cup from what i saw of him...looks like he can put in a shift for the team. At that price we could do far worse.

As someone else said though, we should consider getting in a homegrown keeper to live up to requirements at some point too.

ARANGUIZ BEING TRACKED BY CHELSEA

http://transfernewscentral.com/2015/07/12/aranguiz-being-tracked-by-chelsea/

Chelsea are keen on Internacional’s Charles Aranguiz.

The Brazilian club want to keep the midfielder until the conclusion of the Copa Libertadores.

Jack Brain11 hours ago634 reads
ShareTweet
Premier League champions Chelsea have been closely monitoring Internacional midfielder Charles Aranguiz as a potential replacement for outgoing John Obi Mikel, according to Simon Jones of the Daily Mail.

Teams such as Manchester City, Arsenal, Marseille and Bayer Leverkusen have been keeping tabs on the 26-year old, but it is understood that Chelsea are the team that are closest to making a bid. However, Internacional are unwilling to listen to offers until the conclusion of their Copa Libertadores campaign.

The midfielder has experienced a successful 2015 thus far, winning the Copa America with his country, scoring twice on their path to the illustrious trophy, and the Campeonato Gaucho with one of Brazil’s most decorated clubs.

Aranguiz would not be a direct replacement for John Obi Mikel, who has been in talks with Fenerbahce, but would give Chelsea more attacking midfield options, after Thorgan Hazard, brother to Eden, left the club for Borussia Monchengladbach following a season on loan in Germany.

The signing would add to an already busy summer at Stamford Bridge, with the arrivals of Brazilian duo Nathan and Kennedy and Monaco striker Radamel Falcao on a season-long loan. Stoke goalkeeper Asmir Begovic is also expected to join the club in the coming days as an understudy to Belgian number one Thibaut Courtois after Petr Cech left for Arsenal.

Grab him anyways and move Nando on. Nando is the one player I'd be ok with if the club took 6m-8m for (perhaps Sagna as well).

Other teams have a decent number of MF options and we should have quality to work with regardless of whether Pogba comes in.

Looks like Chelsea are trying to fill up their midfield with workhorses - Matic, Willian, Ramires and Aranguiz. Would be very difficult to get past a midfield with that many powerful players. I find it strange that we haven't shown any interest in this transfer and I don't see why we should wait on Fernando to "come good", its not like he showed a glimpse of potential. Fernando is a WYSIWYG player, he has pretty much shown us all he can offer.

Looks like Chelsea are trying to fill up their midfield with workhorses - Matic, Willian, Ramires and Aranguiz. Would be very difficult to get past a midfield with that many powerful players. I find it strange that we haven't shown any interest in this transfer and I don't see why we should wait on Fernando to "come good", its not like he showed a glimpse of potential. Fernando is a WYSIWYG player, he has pretty much shown us all he can offer.

I agree, we should be looking for an upgrade over Fernando.....we need another workhorse that can close down quickly and someone like Aranguiz would be a solid pickup and not expensive.....from the rumours, I guess we've been looking at Delph and now McCarthy to fill this role.....

I agree, we should be looking for an upgrade over Fernando.....we need another workhorse that can close down quickly and someone like Aranguiz would be a solid pickup and not expensive.....from the rumours, I guess we've been looking at Delph and now McCarthy to fill this role.....

McCarthy for Fernando would leave an overseas spot for a striker maybe ....Benzema ?

KDB and Pogba dor Dzeko and Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.