De Bruyne?

I don't see KDB and Yaya competing for the same spot. As much as we all want to see Yaya pushed up, going purely from Pre-season so far and Pellegrini's reluctance to use him in that position last season i think we'll see him in centre midfield. At least to start with. We might be able to play Aguero, KDB Silva and Sterling at home against certain teams but in the majority of games, especially the bigger games i see one of those dropping to the bench (for me, that would be KDB) and us going with 3 in midfield from Yaya, Delph, Dinho, Fernando hopefully Pogba and potentially Nasri. For me, i see it as Silva Sterling, KDB Navas Nasri and Lopes fighting for 2 spots in the starting 11, occasionally 3. That's 1/2 players not even making the bench. So if KDB does come in, i think we need to get rid of either Navas or Nasri or possibly even both. We'd be overstocked in that position, especially if we plan on keeping Lopes around next season.

the only issue with this is that yaya doesnt really play defensively...pirlo had players around him that played the DM role

If his only job is to play defensively then it's a different ball game.

For all the shit that is thrown around about the big lad, at the end of the day he is the fucking man and that is basically it.

Everything goes through him and he is given a free pass when he plays. Pogba changes all of that. Yaya then has a more specific job to do and the play isn't going through him anymore. I think he is more than capable of protecting the back 4 if asked to do so. He did it for a number of years at Barcelona.

I agree that Pirlo had players around him, which is why I alluded to the pace we'd have with Sterling and De Bruyne. Without the ball they'd tuck in and be the bodies that Yaya will need, and remember Pogba is no slouch.

Just an opinion, but I see no reason why Pogba and Yaya couldn't play in the same team.

Pirlo had Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba to cover all his defensive work and run for him. You're suggesting 1 player (the least defensively minded of the 3 who covered Pirlo at Juventus) covers Yaya all on his own. Not going to happen.

Would you play Fernandinho alongside Pogba?

I don't see KDB and Yaya competing for the same spot. As much as we all want to see Yaya pushed up, going purely from Pre-season so far and Pellegrini's reluctance to use him in that position last season i think we'll see him in centre midfield. At least to start with. We might be able to play Aguero, KDB Silva and Sterling at home against certain teams but in the majority of games, especially the bigger games i see one of those dropping to the bench (for me, that would be KDB) and us going with 3 in midfield from Yaya, Delph, Dinho, Fernando hopefully Pogba and potentially Nasri. For me, i see it as Silva Sterling, KDB Navas Nasri and Lopes fighting for 2 spots in the starting 11, occasionally 3. That's 1/2 players not even making the bench. So if KDB does come in, i think we need to get rid of either Navas or Nasri or possibly even both. We'd be overstocked in that position, especially if we plan on keeping Lopes around next season.

imo the player leaving would be navas, too often does he waste chances

If his only job is to play defensively then it's a different ball game.

For all the shit that is thrown around about the big lad, at the end of the day he is the fucking man and that is basically it.

Everything goes through him and he is given a free pass when he plays. Pogba changes all of that. Yaya then has a more specific job to do and the play isn't going through him anymore. I think he is more than capable of protecting the back 4 if asked to do so. He did it for a number of years at Barcelona.

I agree that Pirlo had players around him, which is why I alluded to the pace we'd have with Sterling and De Bruyne. Without the ball they'd tuck in and be the bodies that Yaya will need, and remember Pogba is no slouch.

Just an opinion, but I see no reason why Pogba and Yaya couldn't play in the same team.

I agree they can play in the same team, but they would both have to play an advanced role imo... I dont know if yaya would be completely happy taking a role in where he doesnt get to push the ball

Was at the City Vs Roma game yesterday and it was very clearly a 433 formation with Sterling, Iheanacho and Silva up front.
Can't see any spot for De Bruyne in this system unless Manuels benching one of Sterling or Silva (lol) or playing KDB in a deeper role, which I seriously hope isn't the case.

Was at the City Vs Roma game yesterday and it was very clearly a 433 formation with Sterling, Iheanacho and Silva up front.
Can't see any spot for De Bruyne in this system unless Manuels benching one of Sterling or Silva (lol) or playing KDB in a deeper role, which I seriously hope isn't the case.

I have absolutely no doubt we will line up 4-5-1 in some games

-------dinho/delph/nando---------
----yaya/dinho----pogba/nasri----
sterling/jesus-----------silva/lopes
----------kun/bone/nacho---------

No room for KDB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.