De Bruyne?

I have to admit i dont know where he would play if he was to come. I cant see him playing in the deeper role, he was massively successful in Germany when he was playing high up the pitch with no defensive responsibility. He isnt going to replace Merlin and we wont bench Sterling unless he has a shocking opening to the season. So what role in our starting line up will he play??

Did you not see the diagram above?

This is fairly simple.

I have to admit i dont know where he would play if he was to come. I cant see him playing in the deeper role, he was massively successful in Germany when he was playing high up the pitch with no defensive responsibility. He isnt going to replace Merlin and we wont bench Sterling unless he has a shocking opening to the season. So what role in our starting line up will he play??

4-2-3-1

Aguero

De Bruyne - Silva - Sterling

Any 2 from Delph/Fernandinho/Fernando/Yaya/Pogba

The usual back 4.

Front 4 all mix around as usual with Pellegrini, no one limited to one position.

I am not saying get Pogba, I prefer Pogba, but will take Debruyne. I'm just saying don't get both. Only one is required. Getting both will coz a bloated squad that will lead to unhappy insiders. We have a spot for 1 more starter in midfield, so don't buy 2 and start a distraction. If Pogba wants to go to Barca, then focus on Debruyne.

i completely agree with you...either one or the other. not to mention I think we need an upgrade at LB, it is by far our weakest position and I would much rather spend that money on that position

Maybe this should be in the Pogba thread but as it relates to where De Bruyne plays......anyway.

The front 4 is fairly self explanatory to me. It's not a difficult scenario to comprehend. We will go into the season playing with 1 forward. The two wingers, if you will, allow Dave to play centrally and feed the front 3 (scary, isn't it?)

The notion that Pogba can't play alongside Yaya is one that I fail to understand.

Has it not occurred that Yaya will play as a DM?

He is ageing and it's more than plausible to assume that Pogba will take over his role. Yaya is quality and can dictate from deep. He has that in his locker. See Pirlo.

We have the pace on the flanks to defend better than we did last year without the ball.

Maybe this should be in the Pogba thread but as it relates to where De Bruyne plays......anyway.

The front 4 is fairly self explanatory to me. It's not a difficult scenario to comprehend. We will go into the season playing with 1 forward. The two wingers, if you will, allow Dave to play centrally and feed the front 3 (scary, isn't it?)

The notion that Pogba can't play alongside Yaya is one that I fail to understand.

He is ageing and it's more than plausible to assume that Pogba will take over his role. Yaya is quality and can dictate from deep. He has that in his locker. See Pirlo.

We have the pace on the flanks to defend better than we did last year without the ball.

the only issue with this is that yaya doesnt really play defensively...pirlo had players around him that played the DM role

Hello, I've been lurking this forum the last few days following the De Bruyne saga, and decided wth why not join the conversation as I don't have much to do these days.

Now I have been a huge KDB fan from the beginning I've probably seen 80% of all his matches on professional level. I'm Belgian and I remember seeing him play the for first time for Genk (he was about 17 or 18 i think) and he made this incredibly long inch perfect pass and I remember thinking wow this kid is special, and kept following ever since. For some reason I really want him to make it big which is why I am as excited as you guys with the recent developments.

He's been amazing for our national team and he is just the kind of player that makes a team tick. I think the best attribute about him is his directness. He always runs straight at defenders, doesn't go for the easy pass and doesn't hesitate to take his chance. Combined with his workrate, clever runs, and brilliant passing he really adds sharpness to a team (I don't know how else to describe it). He isn't the type of player you immediately notice for his technical skills like a Hazard or Sterling for example, but its just the subtle things he does like how he positions himself for a pass which gives him his very unique style. He is a player that can make the field look huge creating acres of space in an instant. Furthermore he is a player that can have very long streaks of being inform as he showed last year, and like its been said on here a couple of times, even in his poor games he gets an assist or two, and is a key component in creating chances. Another thing (which I am very curious seeing next season) is that I believe he is a big-game player. Going in to the CL with city next season playing against the big teams (Barcelona,Bayern, etc) where there is more space on the counter I believe he will add a huge element to MCs style. Along with Sterling, Aguerro and Silva I believe city can become a deadly counter-attacking team in Europe.

I wanted to mention one last thing to the doubters as I see him being compared to other players such as Isco. While I can't say which one is better (technically speaking it probably would be Isco), I do know that De Bruyne has a great hunger and perhaps a poin t to prove in the Premier League. As for a player like Isco, he already plays for one of the biggest clubs and a move to Manchester city to him would be a more "difficult" move and would need more time to adapt. Which is why I think KDB is the better signing (not player) at the moment.

Anyway, really excited to see him play for a club like City in the next season. I think him along with Silva will make for some amazing moments. I will definitely be following city very close next season.If you have any questions about KDB, please ask :)

Hi mate, thanks for the post, and welcome to Bluemoon. I saw KDB play for Chelsea, I think it was against Villa, and I thought he was sensational. I was raving about him, and then a few months later he got bombed out, so I thought maybe he just had a good game and wasn't up to it.

The next game I saw him was for Wolfsburg against Bayern, and I was actually blown away by how good he was. He just tore Bayern apart. I agree exactly with what you said, he just seemed so direct that it frightened the life out of them.

From the other highlights I've seen, he seems quicker than maybe I first thought, and obviously has a fantastic final ball. He seems like a player with an excellent highlights reel which we've all seen by now. But how about the rest of his game?

What's his ball retention like?
What's his movement off the ball like?
What's his defensive contribution like?

From what I've seen, he looks like he could play anywhere in the 3 of a 4231, he would prefer to be central, but I think in City's team he'd be likely to play on the right.

But a question maybe you could help with as you've followed his career, do you think he's capable of playing as a number 8 in a traditional 433? Think of the way Barca play, with one holding midfielder (Busquets) and two box to box players (Iniesta and Raktic) do you think KDB has the quality on the ball, the temprement, the eye for a pass, the work rate, the discipline to play that role Iniesta and Rakatic play?

I've never seen him play there, but on paper he seems to have the attributes for it, but you would know better having watched him at close quarters.

Pirlo had Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba to cover all his defensive work and run for him. You're suggesting 1 player (the least defensively minded of the 3 who covered Pirlo at Juventus) covers Yaya all on his own. Not going to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.