Post Match Thread: City 2-0 Watford

Once a blue ....always a blue

Joleon Lescott ‏@JoleonLescott Aug 26
@MCFC good times
1f44d.png
1f499.png

Rony Lopes ‏@Rony10Lopes 12m12 minutes ago
Amazing @MCFC! What a start!! Come on boys!!
270c.png

I think Fernandinho is looking a completely different player this season.....His reading of the game, pace and quickness to close down......I really believe his improved play and the energy of Delph off the bench will make our defensive play in midfield alot better this season.......Great win!!

I think Fernandinho is looking a completely different player this season.....His reading of the game, pace and quickness to close down......I really believe his improved play and the energy of Delph off the bench will make our defensive play in midfield alot better this season.......Great win!!
He doesn't have the memory of a dry bumming in Brazil fresh in his memory anymore.

Played well enough to get the win against a very organised team. A few below par performances but still good.

Fernandinho was IMMENSE!

Nasri made a difference.

Don't forget in all the big games he featured in last season he was our best player.

Great game for Fern. and a special mention for Sagna - he's not gonna let the other defenders steal all the limelight. Looks like a new player this season.

Excellent for Sterling to get off the mark, and I love the way he uses his pace to get back and help out the defenders when required.

Honest to god Fernandinho has always been this good. Our title win the season before last doesn't happen without Fernandinho being freaking superman. It was amazing reading in the transfer forum how many people would have gladly shipped him out this summer.

Hopefully it doesnt last...

PELLEGRINI: It was important to make a change (at half time). Today we returned to 4-4-2. #mcfc

With the opposition well and truly parking the bus, a change of formation to a 4-4-2 wasn't a bad thing and in games like this at home a 4-4-2 will more often than not still work.
I'd like to think Pellegrini has well and truly learnt the lesson that away from, especially against top opposition, that we will get over run in a 4-4-2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.