Rags upset with City youth strategy (merged)

Agree with you. Let's also look at this from a different perspective, a lad I went to school with kept another boy out of the county team, the first was a clever lad, was encouraged by his parents to give up football for his studies and went to uni to do accountancy or business studies when it was not the norm to go to uni. The second went on to play for city and was sold on after a few games at first team level.
The first boy maybe would have made it as a better player but didn't take the risk. How many more make that choice every year?

We are giving the likes of the first boy the chance to do both, to pursue their dream as well as giving them a first class education and if he doesn't make the grade he loses nothing.

Yes, that's a good point. And it's notable that the report focused on the educational side of things. Parents will of course be concerned about that, because they know how unlikely it is their little cherub will make it.

Next up: "Manchester United lodge official complaint to FA that City are not conceding any goals, thus gaining unfair advantage". Bless the meek.

They would probably get Arsenal to write to Scudamore on their behalf. Shit-house of a club, owned by charlatans, run by incompetents and supported by genetically modified lab monkeys.

Didn't Everton build a brand new state of the art training facility a couple of year ago, and then promptly sold it and are now renting it back?
That tells you all you need to know Stony. I also had words with a certain journalist who lives near me. He couldn't answer the questions I put to him it was like he was following the party political broadcast, but that's for another thread.

Love the way that page ends with the rags linked to a 16 year old player who is with Wolves............. without one scrap of irony
Back in the 1950s, Wolves had a player from Dudley called Duncan Edwards. Strangely after a visit to his parents from Busby and the purchase of a house, he ended on United's books. Sadly he never lived long enough to fulfill his potential because of the Munich crash.

Now United are getting some of their own back and they do not like it up 'em. They do not like it!

The big difference between the clubs is that City and our owners had a long term vision based on meticulous research into the very best around the world and how they work. They weren't afraid to knock on doors and watch and learn in order to pick the best bits and improve on them with our own Academy. They sought the advice of industry experts in order to make it the best not only in the Premier League, but in world football. Contrast that to the rags whose sole objective is to search out sponsors willing to pay them shed loads of money to have their name associated with the self proclaimed biggest club in the world, football is secondary to business as far as they are concerned. They have no management at the top level with the vision to look beyond this and plan for the football future, probably because of the arrogance of thinking every young kid in the country wants to wear their shirt, when in reality that bubble has burst, especially when City can offer more than just a football education. The fact most of the rags players and ex players prefer to send their sons to City speaks volumes
Very well said .

The big difference between the clubs is that City and our owners had a long term vision based on meticulous research into the very best around the world and how they work. They weren't afraid to knock on doors and watch and learn in order to pick the best bits and improve on them with our own Academy. They sought the advice of industry experts in order to make it the best not only in the Premier League, but in world football. Contrast that to the rags whose sole objective is to search out sponsors willing to pay them shed loads of money to have their name associated with the self proclaimed biggest club in the world, football is secondary to business as far as they are concerned. They have no management at the top level with the vision to look beyond this and plan for the football future, probably because of the arrogance of thinking every young kid in the country wants to wear their shirt, when in reality that bubble has burst, especially when City can offer more than just a football education. The fact most of the rags players and ex players prefer to send their sons to City speaks volumes

These places should go to someone more deserving, fook the ex rags kids, once a rag always a rag. All kids are innocent unless their dad was a rag ****.

These places should go to someone more deserving, fook the ex rags kids, once a rag always a rag. All kids are innocent unless their dad was a rag ****.

Haha I love this place.

I was telling my brother about this; how the scum were trying to gather allies in 'Operation Boycott City Youth' because 9-0/aggressive pursuing of talent etc. My brother is a saint who harbours no resentment to anyone (not even the scum) but his immediate response was "Fuck em. They did it for years". The truth is known to all.

You should know your club is making people across the country very happy. There are undoubtedly a lot of plastic rags out there, but there are also a lot like me who've been sick of utd's cheating for a long time, even though it had nothing to do with my team. Fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.