Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

what about spurs? they never got out of their own half in the last 20 mins
Just saying they dominated the game after That and looked quality in the Middle of the park. We jush lacked speed and ideas in the first half was poor compared to Sevilla. Maybe the Spanish night took it a bit of the lads but come on we have a big enough and quality squad to Win at villa park no matter what! Kelichi should have come on for bony end of! Then bring navas on for sterling last 25

I was actually saying the team were poor to a man today, and I'm not wrong. I didn't actually single out navas, I put him and sagna together saying they were poor, what I really should have said was they were ineffective on the right

I think Navas was very effective on the right. His crosses set up 2 easy chances and all of our best work came down the right.

Daesin
What in earth are u on?
We boo the champs league??
Yeah but this is post match
Its not a disaster today, however things could be a lot worse a la Chelsea
Top at the international break
Qualified for champs league next phade
Kun and merlin on the way back
Things arent desperate
Were you at york or chesterfield?
Now those days were desperate!

Hindsight's got nothing to do with it. He set the team up to defend solidly and counterattack on Tuesday, because the occasion and opposition demanded it, and it was absolutely the right thing to do. Today we were up against piss poor opposition and we were always going to dominate possession and territory. Going with an almost identical formation and team selection then was a mistake obvious before a ball had even been kicked

They are not piss poor in my opinion. They had a poor manager in Sherwood who has never won anything and couldn't get anything out of his players - and they're not bad players, they needed leadership. We were unlucky to meet them on their first game at home under their new manager. They did their job - we were a bit tired after the Europe game but the team Pellegrini chose would have been expected to win by all of us before the game.

Hope villa go down.
Wouldn't have said that until after today - but I don't think they don't deserve to stay up now - boing Delph when they have 3 of our x's - hopefully they'll take a dive in form after today - they used up all there luck - jammy sods!

Just because kelechi scored a last min goal against palace, doesn't make him the answer to our attacking failings today. We were poor to man attacking today, and kelechi didn't do anything to change it either, because as a team we weren't good. Anyway, We should of had enough without an 18year old striker. yaya was poor kdb was poor sterling was poor, kolorov was poor, navas and sagna were poor, Fernandinho was unrecognisable.
Bad day
Why have Iheanacho on the bench as the club's 3rd choice recognised striker if we don't intend to use him? I don't think it was a bad team performance or that any player was particularly bad either, what was clearly evident is that we were toothless in attack and we had a star 19 year old 1st team striker on the bench and we didn't use him. That was the major contribution to today's result.

Again we were guilty of putting square pegs in round holes when there was no need as KDB was brought here as a creative midfielder not a striker and the same applies to Sterling. Other teams put faith in their youth if they feel they're good enough, by the look of it we just come along after the fact and pay £44m for other club's youth players which is especially baffling considering we have more than enough of our own to choose from.

I wonder if Sterling would be a first team regular at City if he'd come through our youth ranks? Looking at Kelechi's face when Navas came on for Bony, he could be forgiven for thinking 'What's the fucking point of being here if I can't even get a game when we have no other strikers available'.

You say Kelechi didn't do anything when he came on, well it's not like he had a great deal of time to effect matters did he?

Too many people on this forum that feel we have a right to win. If that's the case fuck off to Rag Caf. This isn't for you.

Wouldn't have said that until after today - but I don't think they don't deserve to stay up now - boing Delph when they have 3 of our x's - hopefully they'll take a dive in form after today - they used up all there luck - jammy sods!
+1

Navas put a gem of a cross between two Villa defenders, onto Sterling's head. Not his fault if Sterling didn't bury it. He was, by some distance, our most effective player in attack. Apart from the West Ham game, he is arguably having his best season with us.

Daesin
What in earth are u on?
We boo the champs league??
Yeah but this is post match
Its not a disaster today, however things could be a lot worse a la Chelsea
Top at the international break
Qualified for champs league next phade
Kun and merlin on the way back
Things arent desperate
Were you at york or chesterfield?
Now those days were desperate!

Why are you being personal with me?
My opinion is that city were poor to a man today,
I agree that we have come a fucking long way since the bad old days
But if a fan can't express his opinion that the team played poor when they did, what is the point of the forum?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.