Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

Disapointing result but should have still scored a few goals. Villa never really looked like scoring and I don't recall hart having to do anything for most of the match. These games happen. In my untrained eyes I thought we doninated the game, created chances and defended well. I sat watching the game thinking it's only a matter of time before we get a goal but alas it just wasn't our day today. Very frustrating but I refuse to slag any player or the manager off, they are human after all and not machines.
We are still in an amazing position in every competition so I can't understand some of the doom and gloom on here. Just remember where we used to be lads and lasses.
We go again. Together stronger. Pride in battle. Onwards and upwards.

Wednesday: "Pellers is fucking brilliant. Fernando behind Yaya and Fernandinho allows us to turn the latter two loose and it is just devastating! Finally he has learnt what we all here knew all along! Navas on the right at all times! This is the way forward!"

Today: "Three holding midfielders! Worst manager in the league! We only won two years ago because of Stevie G's slip! Fucking moronic not to sub on a 19 year-old with 1 league goal to his name! WTF with Navas coming on!?!?! Can't wait for Pep."

And I'd wager you could find double digit numbers of posters expressing both of the above paragraphs. Just some of the most spoiled, reprehensible, raggish shit I have ever heard in my life on here today.

Wednesday: "Pellers is fucking brilliant. Fernando behind Yaya and Fernandinho allows us to turn the latter two loose and it is just devastating! Finally he has learnt what we all here knew all along! Navas on the right at all times! This is the way forward!"

Today: "Three holding midfielders! Worst manager in the league! We only won two years ago because of Stevie G's slip! Fucking moronic not to sub on a 19 year-old with 1 league goal to his name! WTF with Navas coming on!?!?! Can't wait for Pep."

And I'd wager you could find double digit numbers of posters expressing both of the above paragraphs. Just some of the most spoiled, reprehensible, raggish shit I have ever heard in my life on here today.

See Ric, that's why we should have a like button on here

Too many people on this forum that feel we have a right to win. If that's the case fuck off to Rag Caf. This isn't for you.
Right to win? NO! We as a squad and the money and time it has taken to assemble this squad we should have buried villa today with or withouth Kun or silva , they are bottom of the league mate we didn't turn up today end of! Lazy show

Why have Iheanacho on the bench as the club's 3rd choice recognised striker if we don't intend to use him? I don't think it was a bad team performance or that any player was particularly bad either, what was clearly evident is that we were toothless in attack and we had a star 19 year old 1st team striker on the bench and we didn't use him. That was the major contribution to today's result.

Again we were guilty of putting square pegs in round holes when there was no need. Other teams put faith in their youth if they feel they're good enough, by the look of it we just come along after the fact and pay £44m for other club's youth players which is especially baffling considering we have more than our own to choose from.

I wonder if Sterling would be a first team regular at City if he'd come through our youth ranks? Looking at Kelechi's face when Navas came on for Bony, he could be forgiven for thinking 'What's the fucking point of being here if I can't even get a game when we have no other strikers available.

You say Kelechi didn't do anything when he came on, well it's not like he had a great deal of time to effect matters did he?

It wouldn't have been my choice either to put navas on instead of kelechi, I just think as a team it almost wouldn't have mattered who was up front we were poor today and we not going to change that unless we had a real game changer in kun to come off the bench, not someone that could be a prospect
If you get me?

I was actually saying the team were poor to a man today, and I'm not wrong. I didn't actually single out navas, I put him and sagna together saying they were poor, what I really should have said was they were ineffective on the right

You are digging a hole for yourself. Navas was not poor at all - Sagna was solid enough. Give up son.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.