Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

Yes the Welsh are infiltrating us!

There is a great guy called Lloyd who is a member of the Harrogate Blues Supporters Club! He lives near Swansea.

I served along side them on occasion in the Army. Welsh Guards a terrific bunch. The way they sing their anthem is one of the great things in sport

I served along side them on occasion in the Army. Welsh Guards a terrific bunch. The way they sing their anthem is one of the great things in sport

Spot on. I was at a Wales vs Ireland six nations game about 15 years ago. The hairs on te back of my neck stood up listening to them sing Land of My Fathers!

The club can't do anything about individual non-attending season ticket holders. However, I do agree with PB that it seems to be the same batches of seats in the North Stand that are empty most weeks - I was under the impression that City allocate some tickets to sports clubs, etc, in that area of the ground for league games so if they're not going to use them for a particular game then I don't see why they can't inform the club in advance and then they can be put on sale. Surely these groups know whether they're going to take up these seats or not and if they're not going to bother telling the club then City themselves should be on to them about it. Saturday's match was announced as a sell out on the OS so some City fans have missed out.

As for the jibes in that Mail article and in the comments section, it just sums up how ignorant and thick some of the wankers commenting are. They're focusing on one tier of one stand in a 55,000 capacity stadium and there were no more than a couple of hundred or so empty seats in it. The rest of the ground was pretty much packed save for the odd empty here and there plus the usual ones in the director's box and hospitality areas so any dick saying that there were 20,000 empty seats or whatever needs to give their heads a fucking wobble. You know it's a sell out when the corner blocks in the 3rd tier of the East and West stands are full - which they were on Saturday - as those tend to be the last seats to sell. Watching the brief highlights package on the OS and there's a great shot from behind Schmeichel's goal in about the 53rd minute which shows the whole of the South Stand at the other end of the pitch plus part of the East and West Stand. Save for a few empties in the hospitality section of South Stand tier 2, it's fucking rammed. I suppose at least the club aren't arsed about our empties being in full view of the TV cameras, whereas the Trafford Ministry of Truth makes sure most of theirs are well out of sight!

The club can't do anything about individual non-attending season ticket holders. However, I do agree with PB that it seems to be the same batches of seats in the North Stand that are empty most weeks - I was under the impression that City allocate some tickets to sports clubs, etc, in that area of the ground for league games so if they're not going to use them for a particular game then I don't see why they can't inform the club in advance and then they can be put on sale. Surely these groups know whether they're going to take up these seats or not and if they're not going to bother telling the club then City themselves should be on to them about it. Saturday's match was announced as a sell out on the OS so some City fans have missed out.

As for the jibes in that Mail article and in the comments section, it just sums up how ignorant and thick some of the wankers commenting are. They're focusing on one tier of one stand in a 55,000 capacity stadium and there were no more than a couple of hundred or so empty seats in it. The rest of the ground was pretty much packed save for the odd empty here and there plus the usual ones in the director's box and hospitality areas so any dick saying that there were 20,000 empty seats or whatever needs to give their heads a fucking wobble. You know it's a sell out when the corner blocks in the 3rd tier of the East and West stands are full - which they were on Saturday - as those tend to be the last seats to sell. Watching the brief highlights package on the OS and there's a great shot from behind Schmeichel's goal in about the 53rd minute which shows the whole of the South Stand at the other end of the pitch plus part of the East and st Stand. Save for a few empties in the hospitality section of South Stand tier 2, it's fucking rammed. I suppose at least the club aren't arsed about our empties being in full view of the TV cameras, whereas the Trafford Ministry of Truth makes sure most of theirs are well out of sight!

Just checked the Chav'n'Rags attendance yesterday. It was just lower than the Stamford Bridge average for PL matches and 200 lower than their max this season. Somehow I don't see the Daily Fail commenting on their missing 200.

Every ground, very game, empty seats.

Complete and utter non story.

My seat was empty after 70 mins, it's hard watching this shit at the best of times never mind 0-3 down
what have you been watching for the last 30odd years ? you aresupposedto support the team not spit your dummy out when we are playing shit

Every ground, very game, empty seats.

Complete and utter non story.

Seems more noticeable at ours as the family stand is directly behind the goal.

It's become a narrative now and the media will hammer us with it for the foreseeable future.

Seems more noticeable at ours as the family stand is directly behind the goal.

It's become a narrative now and the media will hammer us with it for the foreseeable future.

No offense mate but i just dont care and neither should anyone else.

Every club, every ground, every game, empty seats.

It baffles me as to why we attack the second half towards the Nintendo DS stand, and couldn't the club not see how much the atmosphere had improved when Everton fans were moved from the first tier to the third?

Attacking the south stand in the second half and no away fans in sight would benefit us tremendously at home... when we (block 111/112) were connected with other home fans the chants spread much easier to SS 117/118.

Also regarding empty seats, some are "club allocated sections" which will be used for tickets for Academy players/family and general club staff.

Many occasions they don't take up the offer of tickets, or don't sell them on... before my ST I used to get tx off club staff for the North Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.