Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

A lot of these empty seats are due to a lot of supporters staying in the concourse with drink in hand and not having any intention of going out into the cold. Simple solution, turn game off on concourse screens. Sorry Leon, You're going to have to get cold lad!! :-D

Don't clubs pay tax on tickets sold ? So doesn't make much sense for a club to say they've sold more tickets then they have. Maybe the way forward is tickets sold xx'xxx then match attendance xx'xxx. Because that report from a couple of years back showed up other clubs a lot more then City. And hopefully City will get on and build the North stand extension, and fuck the media off !

I never see anything said about the empty seats at arsenal....
they have just as many as city

What I don't get is how this is newsworthy? I mean, it only seems to be City that get constant streams of articles about attendance. The first I've seen about the scum was regarding their Europa League game and how there shutting the top of the stadium through lack of interest. But what the fuck does it matter!? I get that less fans equals less support for the team and can affect the noise of the supporters etc, but I don't get how this is a newsworthy story? A pic of a few empty seats with no indication of the times the photo's were taken means fuck all... must be a slow fucking news day.

With the rise of ticket prices the only way it'll get the clubs attention is if there are empty seats, or like at Liverpool who had that walk out. That I do understand and it sends a message to the board that they need to look at it.

It's a fucking joke how much tickets cost here (as a league I mean, my season ticket is 600 for the year which I actually see as a decent deal) but in comparison to clubs around Europe it's still a hell of a lot more.

Real Madrid were away yesterday and had something like 11 fans in the away end, I wonder if any spanish papers did a story about Real Madrid's empty seats or any of that shite.

The juxtaposition of fans and media outlets mocking City for empty seats and the backlash against rising ticket prices is quite remarkable.
Even in an age of rampant hypocrisy this takes it to a whole new level.

What I don't get is how this is newsworthy? I mean, it only seems to be City that get constant streams of articles about attendance. The first I've seen about the scum was regarding their Europa League game and how there shutting the top of the stadium through lack of interest. But what the fuck does it matter!? I get that less fans equals less support for the team and can affect the noise of the supporters etc, but I don't get how this is a newsworthy story? A pic of a few empty seats with no indication of the times the photo's were taken means fuck all... must be a slow fucking news day.

With the rise of ticket prices the only way it'll get the clubs attention is if there are empty seats, or like at Liverpool who had that walk out. That I do understand and it sends a message to the board that they need to look at it.

It's a fucking joke how much tickets cost here (as a league I mean, my season ticket is 600 for the year which I actually see as a decent deal) but in comparison to clubs around Europe it's still a hell of a lot more.

Real Madrid were away yesterday and had something like 11 fans in the away end, I wonder if any spanish papers did a story about Real Madrid's empty seats or any of that shite.

It must get loads of clicks and it's an easy article to put out, that's the bottom line really clicks=£££ easy money for those thicko fans of Liverpool Arsenal and the scum.

It must get loads of clicks and it's an easy article to put out, that's the bottom line really clicks=£££ easy money for those thicko fans of Liverpool Arsenal and the scum.

True.. it works for them too as now the only shit I seem to get off non-city fans (some aren't even footie fans) is the "emptyhad" remark. Suppose I'd rather than that what I've had to deal with growing up! I just laugh and say come to a game and you'll see how "empty" it is.

The club, as I've said, could help themselves a bit more by exercising more control over the tickets it gives out to staff and young players and perhaps sticking them up in the third tier. Those Tier 1 seats behind the goal are the cheapest seats we have and would sell if people were given the opportunity to buy them, instead of the club leaving wads of them in reception at the CFA (or however they do it). They are making themselves an easy target by doing what they're doing currently.

Closing the bars earlier before kick off won't have any effect imho as people will drink elsewhere and still enter at the last minute, creating a smoking area for half time might encourage some of the nicotine addicts into the ground earlier though

Just checked the Chav'n'Rags attendance yesterday. It was just lower than the Stamford Bridge average for PL matches and 200 lower than their max this season. Somehow I don't see the Daily Fail commenting on their missing 200.

Not sure where those empty 200 seats were, maybe the west middle where the rich sit? thats the only area that normally has empty seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.