Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that Kompany's return is profoundly important. He is not only going to lead,organize and inspire the defense, he is also an integral part of the offense and I reckon he is perhaps the most important factor in the effectiveness of our offensive play. So it is absolutely crucial that we get him back in this kind of match. He also affects and improves other players: we know about his defending partners but also players like Yaya Toure, who tends to not be as effective when Kompany does not play. Kompany more of less determines the height of the defensive line and drives the ball from forward from the back and thus gives Toure a more defined role- Yaya is not stuck in limbo in terms of whether to drop deep to ochestrate (his natural tendency)or play in more advanced positions (regardless of the tactics and formation of the team). Kompany is also invaluable in set pieces on both sides of the pitch and will inspire the players, even vocally, if needs be both mostly with his energy and high action play. His role in the team cannot be underestimated and it will be difficult for anyone to convince me that we would not be at the top of the league if Kompany had been injury free up until this point in this season.

The line up more or less picks itself and it is about playing with energy and playing with intelligence but most importantly not conceding in the first few minutes of the first or second half. Goals changes and dictate games and it is curious to observe that the significance of scoring or conceding a goal in a football ,matches does not dominate analysis in terms o change of tactics, attitude, momentum, confidence etc.

This is another cup final and I am confident that we can get the win,it wont be easy but it is backs to the wall time and with the earlier result, this is an opportunity to impose ourselves back into the title challenge.

Need a question answered fast

Can you park at the ground on a match by match basis or is it season passes only ?

Strong team selection but still very nervous. I'm not sure anyone is that confident. The concourse is very quiet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.