Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

Fernando looked lost and couldn't keep the ball the few times he got it. Spurs were finding acres in between the lines and that was partly because he didn't know if he was coming or going. The worse part of his game was not giving any of Yaya or Silva an out ball, mainly hiding when they had it. Silva gave him a couple of bollockings.
I agree with the rest.

Correct.

To be honest I thought we were the better team. I think we went in to this game looking to soak up pressure and let Spurs do the pressing they didn't create any clear cut chances but then again neither did we. The tempo really changed when we went behind and once we equalised it looked like there would only be one winner. A few dodgy offside decisions stopped us and Spurs scored a really well taken goal. We just couldn't find the equaliser but I'm really pleased that Kompany made it through the 90 minutes and we looked so much more solid. As for Spurs I think they will win the league.

I would take top four and the league cup now. As for Clattenburg......cheat pure and simple.

Spurs players jumping around celebrating like they had won the league,Twitter pics,Instagram posts,remember the dippers doing the same when they beat us at Anfield a couple of years back and we all know what happened then. We have been shit all season and have been playing the worst football we have played since the takeover but we are still only 6 points adrift.Let all these fuckers write us off,history tells you never to write us off.

To be honest I thought we were the better team. I think we went in to this game looking to soak up pressure and let Spurs do the pressing they didn't create any clear cut chances but then again neither did we. The tempo really changed when we went behind and once we equalised it looked like there would only be one winner. A few dodgy offside decisions stopped us and Spurs scored a really well taken goal. We just couldn't find the equaliser but I'm really pleased that Kompany made it through the 90 minutes and we looked so much more solid. As for Spurs I think they will win the league.
I think Arsenal will. Sanchez will be the difference.

We have the best squad by far, and here we are in 4th place. Injuries have been a killer, but we have been managed remarkably badly I feel

Felt cheated by the players last week. Players were significantly better today.
Feel cheated by the officials this week. Can't see that changing anytime soon!

I hope our players were taking a good look at how hard the spurs players worked out of possession because that's what is going to be expected next season. No more 50 minutes strolling before bothering to contest every ball and second ball.
Goes without saying that the officials were terrible. The linesman annoyed me more than clattenburg tbh. One of the offsides he gave was so bad it was incredible, there was actually a good yard of clear daylight between Sergio and the last defender and Sergio hadn't come back from an offside position, inexcusably bad decision.

My biggest complaint with Pellegrini centres on the team's movement without the ball.

How people criticise Sterling is beyond me, if the team was playing fantastic and he was constantly the worst performer I would understand. However it's not the case, City are playing poorly and Sterlings always one of the better performers and yet he's still criticised. Today he was the biggest threat in attack for City, he also always gives his all and chases back. I am beginning to admire him. Ask yourself what would Sterling do in a team that's playing great, he will thrive and you will see this under Pep. Right now he's being held back.

Aguero had a bad match to be sure, no argument there, but Silva actually played fairly well (not at his usual heights, mind, but better than recent showings)...

However, Yaya was awful. And I was hoping he would play well before the match started before you ask.

Silva played fairly well ? He contributed absolutely bugger all going forward or defensively, Yaya flogged his tripe out first half an hour and hit the bar and brought a great save out of their keeper even when tiring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.