Post Match Thread: City vs Spurs

I think Arsenal will. Sanchez will be the difference.

We have the best squad by far, and here we are in 4th place. Injuries have been a killer, but we have been managed remarkably badly I feel
Without doubt this season has been a missed opportunity. Today I think we were genuinely unlucky but over the course of the season we don't deserve to be challenging for the title. Yes injuries have played a part but the manager has to take full responsibility for consistently poor team selections and tactics. The tempo has been poor and the players have not worked hard enough. Leicester and Spurs both want it more than us.

Just seen the highlights on Match of the Day.

Seriously feel like I'm going to blow a blood vessel watching that.

Never felt angrier watching a referee in my life.

Don't know what it is about this poor run of form in particular but it is infuriating. Every single week another player gets a long term muscle injury. Every single week we are being denied clear cut decisions. Every single week our opponents are benefiting from scandalous decisions. It is unfeasible. It is unprecedented. It is the unluckiest period I can remember any club ever going through. It is ridiculous.

Every week the pundits are watching us get fucked over and say "it will even itself out". When? We only have 12 games left and so far we are owed about 20 penalties.

Just seeing red at the minute when I think of the injustice.

This all day long mate.
The only decision I can think off going in our favour in the league is the DeMichelis non sending off vs West Ham ( even then I think it was a correct decision not to send him off but I could have understood it had the ref given it).
Against that you have the two diabolical offside Spurs goals earlier in the season, the penalty not given against Aguero -Leicester away, the two penalties not given against Leicester at home (Zab foul on the line) and the shove on Fernandinho in the box largely ignored by the media and the worst refereeing decision I have ever seen not to give the penalty against Stirling by Roger East against Everton and then today the diabolical Clattenburg penalty.
Despite our shit form you know what, if the correct decisions are given re the above we are top by about three points, even at 50% we are level.
Fcuking infuriating.

Without doubt this season has been a missed opportunity. Today I think we were genuinely unlucky but over the course of the season we don't deserve to be challenging for the title. Yes injuries have played a part but the manager has to take full responsibility for consistently poor team selections and tactics. The tempo has been poor and the players have not worked hard enough. Leicester and Spurs both want it more than us.
And yet given just given 50% of the CLEAR refereeing decisions that should have gone in our favour we would have been top.
So we do "deserve to be challenging", as you appear to be denying us.

Last edited:
Five hours later and I'm still pissed off. Firstly with that bent clown in the middle. Or is he just useless? And were his assistants the same ones who fucked us over at WHL?
And then there's City. Two seasons ago we beat Spuds 6-0 and 5-1, last season we beat them 4-1 and 1-0, but now we're annoyed about missing out on a point ffs. The game at WHL was different in that we were in control until that aberration, but today we didn't get going until we were behind. And while it might be OK doing that against Newcastle and Watford it's hardly a good idea against a team in the top four. I'll accept Kane is a good find and Pochetino is better than Tim Sherwood, but being happy that we might have drawn is not a good sign. We've clearly regressed over the last couple of years and have to arrest the slide.
We can still win four pots of course, but we could also carry on sliding. I'd love Pellers to go out with a trophy or two but I can't see it happening.
We caught up 8 points on the rags with five to play, but this time we have to hope three teams slip up. - Can they all sign Gerrard on loan and keep swapping him?

Worst thing Pellegrini did today was taking Clichy off and going for a win rather than protecting the point first.

Both his substitutions were baffling. A combination of a bent / shit ref and a clueless manager cost us the game

Even with an improved performance today Pellegrini still showed a complete lack of faith in his bench. Silva had a really quiet second half and is probably still injured so why not bring Celina on for 10 minutes at 1-1? Why take Clichy off when he's attacking and defending well? Especially for Kolarov who did nothing at all.

It has become pointless bemoaning how shite a manager pellegrini is. He's a joke his record against the top six this season is embarrassing. However most worrying of all is this for me:

Top four is currently only safe because utd are shit.

Mp inherited a great team dismantled it and with the help of whoever bought millions of pounds of shite whilst taking every player backwards as footballers and a team.

The squad and mentality he is handing over to guardiola is in so much need of an overhaul in terms of fitness mentality everything it's a huge job and one that won't be as easy as many on here hope.

Thanks manuel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.