Hansen - City are THE force

tolmie's hairdoo

Alan Hansen gave a sobering insight to The Mail today, when asked by Jamie Redknapp about the arrival of Pep and what United and the rest can do about it?

Hansen: "I wouldn't write off Manchester City yet (for the title) It's a poor league, they haven't been great, but they're not finished.

"City don't need to make a statement (the signing of Pep). They are not the coming force, they are THE force. If you finish ahead of City, you win the league.

"His appointment puts the fear into everyone else. Their opponents will go into next season thinking: 'We can't beat these.' It will create panic."

Last edited:
Alan Hansen gave a sobering insight to The Mail today, when asked by Jamie Redknapp about the arrival of Pep and what United and the rest can do about it?

Hansen: "I wouldn't write of Manchester City yet (for the title) It's a poor league, they haven't been great, but they're not finished.

"City don't need to make a statement (the signing of Pep). They are not the coming force, they are THE force. If you finish ahead of City, you win the league.

"His appointment puts the fear into everyone else. Their opponents will go into next season thinking: 'We can't beat these.' It will create panic."

Editor doing his job well...

Hansen: "I wouldn't write of Manchester City yet (for the title) It's a poor league, they haven't been great, but they're not finished.

Bet some in the media love that :-)

Sorry if I offend anyone but I just creamed myself reading that.

Why would Hansen write of us? Read of us, talk of us, yes, but does he write of us in a paper?

It's a poor league?

I beg to differ... It's a much better league. Teams are much stronger now with traditionally smaller clubs able to buy with silly money which is why anyone is beating anyone on their day.
I agree though we haven't been great, it certainly isn't a one horse race and our record against the leaders of the pack has been meh!

i had the line before the point

REDKNAPP: Who wins the league this season?

HANSEN: I wouldn’t write off Manchester City yet. It’s a poor league, they haven’t been great, but they’re not finished.

REDKNAPP: And what difference will Pep Guardiola make when he comes?

HANSEN: City don’t need to make a statement. They are not the coming force, they are the force. If you finish ahead of City, you win the league. His appointment puts fear into everyone else. Their opponents will go into the season thinking: ‘We can’t beat these.’ It will create panic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.