Kompany injured again...

Some dweeb on SSN has just pointed out that he has started 6 games in the last 20 days.

We never seem to ease players back, as soon as they are fit enough to play they are played relentlessly for every minute until they break down again.
Really bad management. Some of us said he should be rested, or put on the bench along with Aguero and Silva as an insurance policy

Should have played 2 or 3 kids with experience on the bench. Instead it was a totally dull affair between one team who were content just to keep the ball and another team who were very poor

It's a weird one - all time city great but arguably has risked long term fitness for city for short term gain with Belgium

I wonder what Pep's answer to the back 4 will be? A mascherano esque role for Fernando or Yaya?

Seriously bad news. The way he limped off seemed far worse than previous limp-offs he's done. Praying he'll be back but fearing that's him done for good.
A true leader, City through and through. Come on Vinny!

Really bad management. Some of us said he should be rested, or put on the bench along with Aguero and Silva as an insurance policy

Should have played 2 or 3 kids with experience on the bench. Instead it was a totally dull affair between one team who were content just to keep the ball and another team who were very poor

Wonderful thing - hindsight

It breaks my heart even typing this but he could well be finished forever. The same injury 8 times in 2 years. I can't see how this will ever be rectified. Gutted.

So if we tried to sell him
How much could one expect to have come pouring in for our beloved Captain?
I don't see this chronic injury going away,
but I don't see 20 million coming in for him either
He has earned and deserves the chance to compete for a spot next year.
As far as not playing him today?
When do you play him then ?
Two in a row?
Three?
If he says he's good, in he goes!

What difference does it make? He'll play two games at the season's end when league couldn't matter less, have a barnstorming Euro campaign taking Belgium to the semis, break down in the third competitive game under Pep and make a glorious comeback after New Year's lasting all of seven games. He's done for, move on.

The lack of respect you show when talking about Kompany is a joke mate, the guy is obviously city through and through and was gutted when he pulled up again....the fact you are revelling in another injury for him shows you for what you are...tool.

On the other hand did he not need game time to get him fully fit? I would have rested him but I can see both sides.

In a little bit of disbelief with some of the messages on Vinny, sadly it reflects the way our club has been moving in the last 4 or 5 years.

Let's not forget - this is a man who has played with his heart of his sleeve from day 1; a man who watched an undeserving captain in Tevez lift our first trophy then push on to win us our first league title; a man who is hugely proud to wear OUR shirt and is part of the City family.

But alas, this apparently means nothing and we should be shipping him out in his hour of need and replace with a more expensive but much much poorer defender according to some. Most of our fans gave Michael Johnson more of a chance who showed less than 1% of the ability and passion of Vinny - instead of posting videos of rehab and dieting decided to spend his wage on the bevvy and marching powder.

Unbelievable...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.