Players season ratings

I made exactly the same point at half time on Sunday.
Sometimes De Bruyne will go 20 minutes without touching the ball, before a moment of brilliance. However, that moment of brilliance doesn't always result in a goal, so he needs to get more involved.

Totally agree mate. One of the problems we've had this season is that with the 4231 shape we play, whoever is in the number 10 position has to completely run the game for us. The ball always goes through them, they dictate the way we play, knit the team together. It's no coincidence that when Silva was on his best form in the first 5 games, we got the best performances as a team.

When Silva's form dropped, so did that of the team. When DeBruyne has played there we've looked sensational on the break at times, his early balls and directness can be devastating for teams that are allowing space in behind them. The problem comes when a team is sat deep allowing no space behind, DeBruyne's attributes become completely redundant. I know he played the majority of the game in Madrid from wide, but the emphasis was still on him to get on the ball and dictate play. He wasn't interested.

Although he's had a poor season, we missed Silva in the Madrid game more than any other. There was no one on the pitch interested in getting on the ball, showing feet and looking to get at Madrid. Even at his worst, Silva always takes that responsibility to give an option, get on the ball, dictate play. But against Madrid we had absolutely no one even trying to get on the ball in advanced areas. DeBruyne followed up that performance against Arsenal, he hid, went missing.

I've seen many people claiming DeBruyne will be our "playmaker" for the next 5 years. Against footballing teams that leave space in behind, he will be near enough unstoppable. Be against tough, resilient teams who sit back? I just don't see it.

Hart 7/10 - Good steady season again for Joe
Willy 5/10 - Had his moment that will probably be one of his few highlights in a city shirt
zabba 4/10 - Sadly i think its the end of his City career, legend but time has caught up with him.
sagna 7/10 - Been a godsend with Zabbas injuries
otamendi 5/10 - Expected more when we signed him, but I think he will be a regular under Pep
mangala 5/10 - shows glimpses of being a class CB, then he does something stupid and we all remember how bad he can be.
vinny 6/10 - When he has played he has been superb, just hasn't played enough
clichy 7/10 - Decent season and hopefully he stays to compete with a new quality LB
Kolarov 1/10 - Please leave now
navas 6/10 - If only he had an end product when in the final 3rd. Wish others had his commitment and workrate.
Fernando 6/10 - Better season for nando, but I think is a very limited footballer and probably not in peps plans.
Fernandinho 9/10 - Player of the season for me, one of the only shining lights
yaya 4/10 - Time to go Yaya
nasri 5/10 - Shame he has been injured so much, we have really missed him this season.
silva 4/10 - been very poor for long periods of the season
sterling 5/10 - good first half of the season, very poor since injury
Delph 4/10 - Looks lost whenever he plays.
kdb 8/10 - On the whole an excellent first season
nacho 7/10 - Very limited playing time, but when he has he has done really well
aguero 8/10 - For me it feels something hasn't been quite 100% with Kun this season
bony 0/10 -

POTY -
1) - Fernandinhio
2) - KDB
3) - Aguero

YPOTY -
Nacho

FLOPS OF THE YEAR -
1) - Silva
2) - Yaya
3) - Otamendi

Of course its about opinions but I must say I`m very surprised that you appear to be the only Blue who thinks that Dinho has had a poor season and I`m not basing my opinion on his work ethic alone.Too may players this season have been pure gash in the grand scheme of things but for me Sagna,Dinho and to a lesser extent Kun have been the stand out performers in a horrible season which could get even worse by the weekend.Just hope the Hammers can help us out tonight.

I never said he has been poor I think he's been good but no better than good for me as the reasons I've given

Hart 8/10 - Just wish he'd stop diving when the ball goes 5 metres wide.
Willy 5/10 - From zero to hero.
zabba 4/10 - Is it age or injuries and family life contentment?
sagna 7/10 - Steady but unproductive.
otamendi 5/10 - Gordon's alive!!!! The hipster needs to stand up and defend properly.
mangala 5/10 - There's a player in there but is there a brain?
vinny 6/10 - Wish he'd led a deputation last year.
clichy 7/10 - Good back up for next season.
Kolarov 0/10 - *~@#*$'##** ******# ##nt
navas 8/10 - Like him - hard to pick a final ball when eveyone is playing statues on the edge of the area or is the smallest striker in the prem
Fernando 5/10 - Better but that wasn't hard.
Fernandinho 9/10 - Excellent
yaya 5/10 - Thanks for the memories
nasri 5/10 - Better blonde
silva 6/10 - Not receiving much gratitude and understanding for playing through the pain.
sterling 5/10 - Phone Brenda for the instructions
Delph 4/10 - Bill Tarmey voiced prankster. Decent sub.
kdb 8/10 - Glows like a ginge in Fuengirola but what a player we have.
nacho 7/10 - Runs like El Cid but could be the real deal.
aguero 8/10 - If he can score so many goals in a team with no structure, then roll on next season
bony 1/10 - A man at odds with his own limbs. Marked 1 for the Willy lift.

POTY -
1) - Fernandinhio
2) - KDB
3) - Navas

YPOTY -
Nacho - a one horse race though

Last edited:
Totally agree mate. One of the problems we've had this season is that with the 4231 shape we play, whoever is in the number 10 position has to completely run the game for us. The ball always goes through them, they dictate the way we play, knit the team together. It's no coincidence that when Silva was on his best form in the first 5 games, we got the best performances as a team.

When Silva's form dropped, so did that of the team. When DeBruyne has played there we've looked sensational on the break at times, his early balls and directness can be devastating for teams that are allowing space in behind them. The problem comes when a team is sat deep allowing no space behind, DeBruyne's attributes become completely redundant. I know he played the majority of the game in Madrid from wide, but the emphasis was still on him to get on the ball and dictate play. He wasn't interested.

Although he's had a poor season, we missed Silva in the Madrid game more than any other. There was no one on the pitch interested in getting on the ball, showing feet and looking to get at Madrid. Even at his worst, Silva always takes that responsibility to give an option, get on the ball, dictate play. But against Madrid we had absolutely no one even trying to get on the ball in advanced areas. DeBruyne followed up that performance against Arsenal, he hid, went missing.

I've seen many people claiming DeBruyne will be our "playmaker" for the next 5 years. Against footballing teams that leave space in behind, he will be near enough unstoppable. Be against tough, resilient teams who sit back? I just don't see it.

Good post. KDB is not a playmaker. He was pretty woeful on Sunday until that moment of magic. We have desperately missed Silva-we were always several notches down without him and still are. For me KDB needs to lose a stone and then he will be a better all round player for it. Brilliant at times but vanishes other times and offers no cover for his full back when playing wide.

ItOTE="oakiecokie, post: 9422458, member: 28278"]So you think a mark of 6 out of 10 is a good mark ??[/QUOTE]

It's an average mark bordering good!

Don't know if anyone else has copied these in as I have note read every page but these are the ratings from whoscored.com and show some interesting divergence from the what people see. I would rank things differently based on my observations but I think these give a fairer indication of actual contribution than most of the contributions that I have bothered to read.

WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player'’s/team’'s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome.

Nicolás Otamendi 7.50

Kevin De Bruyne 7.45

Sergio Agüero 7.40

Vincent Kompany 7.28

David Silva 7.28

Gaël Clichy 7.26

Yaya Touré 7.26

Fernandinho 7.18

Aleksandar Kolarov 7.14

Bacary Sagna 7.13

Pablo Zabaleta 6.97

Fernando 6.95

Eliaquim Mangala 6.91

Jesús Navas 6.87

Raheem Sterling 6.78

Willy Caballero 6.76

Fabian Delph 6.75

Joe Hart 6.73

Samir Nasri 6.72

Martín Demichelis 6.64

Wilfried Bony 6.62

Kelechi Iheanacho6.53

Good post. KDB is not a playmaker. He was pretty woeful on Sunday until that moment of magic. We have desperately missed Silva-we were always several notches down without him and still are. For me KDB needs to lose a stone and then he will be a better all round player for it. Brilliant at times but vanishes other times and offers no cover for his full back when playing wide.

Completely agree mate.

He's the kind of player that it's very easy to see the good aspects of his game - goals and assists.

But the bad parts of his game - going missing, not getting on the ball, not getting in to space, not covering defensively, you don't notice if you are just a casual fan watching on TV or whatever.

Don't know if anyone else has copied these in as I have note read every page but these are the ratings from whoscored.com and show some interesting divergence from the what people see. I would rank things differently based on my observations but I think these give a fairer indication of actual contribution than most of the contributions that I have bothered to read.

WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player'’s/team’'s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome.

Nicolás Otamendi 7.50

Kevin De Bruyne 7.45

Sergio Agüero 7.40

Vincent Kompany 7.28

David Silva 7.28

Gaël Clichy 7.26

Yaya Touré 7.26

Fernandinho 7.18

Aleksandar Kolarov 7.14

Bacary Sagna 7.13

Pablo Zabaleta 6.97

Fernando 6.95

Eliaquim Mangala 6.91

Jesús Navas 6.87

Raheem Sterling 6.78

Willy Caballero 6.76

Fabian Delph 6.75

Joe Hart 6.73

Samir Nasri 6.72

Martín Demichelis 6.64

Wilfried Bony 6.62

Kelechi Iheanacho6.53
Otamendi makes mistakes then has to cover his own arse, thats why he gets a good score

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.