Mike Ashley

Think Sir Philip Green holds that title at the moment . It's a close call though !

Wonder why Sir Philip hasn't had one of these inquiry's ......

On May 1st he was invited to appear on one scheduled for later this month.

He's a glorified market stall schemer, one of his cronies turned up at our offices in a Range Rover ( the usual footballer style, blacked out etc) for a meeting wearing a shell suit, I kid you not! We're in the clothing trade, and were looking at maybe doing business, no surprise we dropped him quicker than an ice cream shit cone!
As for Philip Green, I used to work at Arcadia, and we would get the memo that he would be doing a walk round, and we had to clean our desks up etc. He's a an odious greasy dwarf, just after I had got my redundancy, I was alone in a lift with him, I was sorely tempted to drop him, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

He's a glorified market stall schemer, one of his cronies turned up at our offices in a Range Rover ( the usual footballer style, blacked out etc) for a meeting wearing a shell suit, I kid you not! We're in the clothing trade, and were looking at maybe doing business, no surprise we dropped him quicker than an ice cream shit cone!
As for Philip Green, I used to work at Arcadia, and we would get the memo that he would be doing a walk round, and we had to clean our desks up etc. He's a an odious greasy dwarf, just after I had got my redundancy, I was alone in a lift with him, I was sorely tempted to drop him, I hope he gets what's coming to him.
Naked greed is such an ugly spectacle and they both have it oozing out of every pore.

This is one reason I will be voting remain, I'd feel more secure with worker's rights being protected by the EU despite everything which is wrong with the EU.

A little balance required I think...
I know quite a few people who work at the HQ in Shirebrook (granted, not in the warehouse, where 90 odd per cent are eastern european migrant workers) and without exception they all speak incredibly highly of Mike Ashley. The pay and conditions are excellent and the bonuses can be astronomical. He doesn't pay dividends to shareholders as he prefers to share the profits amongst his employees, I know of no other place that does this. Seems fashionable to kick a bloke for being successful, listening to various union mouthpieces and guardian readers on the radio yesterday you could be forgiven for thinking he was britains biggest ****, when the facts from people who actually work there are the polar opposite.

A little balance required I think...
I know quite a few people who work at the HQ in Shirebrook (granted, not in the warehouse, where 90 odd per cent are eastern european migrant workers) and without exception they all speak incredibly highly of Mike Ashley. The pay and conditions are excellent and the bonuses can be astronomical. He doesn't pay dividends to shareholders as he prefers to share the profits amongst his employees, I know of no other place that does this. Seems fashionable to kick a bloke for being successful, listening to various union mouthpieces and guardian readers on the radio yesterday you could be forgiven for thinking he was britains biggest ****, when the facts from people who actually work there are the polar opposite.
Shirebrook, that takes me back. Worked around there in the early 90's. Quite a bleak place to say the least. Funny place because it has the feel of being in Notts, but is actually in Derbyshire. I noticed a lot of resentment towards the Notts miners from the locals in my time there, who they saw as strike breakers and quislings.

As to what you say about Ashley, most successful businessmen have a retinue of acolytes among their senior and middle management. Succesful businessmen are usually highly manipulative people who appreciate the value of enlisting the support of acquiescent lieutenants and sergeants. They understand how important it is to have motivated people to do their bidding. I believe you judge the character of an employer by how he treats the lowest paid in his organisation.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.