Tyrese Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo, Romario, Van Nistelrooy...it's not a bad place to start your career as a young, talented striker to be fair.

Ronaldo, Romario, Van Nistelrooy...it's not a bad place to start your career as a young, talented striker to be fair.
Its not,youre quite right,but at his young age what harm would it do his career to give it another 12 months here and try to get himself noticed?

That would be my thinking.

Says it all to me......if he'd sooner scuttle off to the Dutch league,rather than give it his best shot here beause of the competition,he isnt made of the right stuff.

I think it's been widely reported that he has a bit of an attitude problem but we have to remember he's a 16 year old teenager. One who has no doubt been pampered and told he can have what he wants.

I think it's been widely reported that he has a bit of an attitude problem but we have to remember he's a 16 year old teenager. One who has no doubt been pampered and told he can have what he wants.

You hear this up and down the country, so many young English talents end up being absolute spoilt shitheads - very hard to counteract when it's endemic of our culture.

Whether this is attributable to Campbell I have no idea, nor do I wish to assassinate his character as I believe there are perfectly valid reasons for leaving our academy to go elsewhere - Pep has to prove otherwise which I fully expect him to.

I find the idea that a player like Campbell could be called spoiled because he might potentially move to a foreign country in search of earlier opportunities a bit crazy tbh. If he goes to PSV it's an incredibly bold and brave decision and one that more young English talent should take. Most are too happy to waste about in reserve teams at times - if more moved abroad it'd be better for the English game by a huge amount.

I find the idea that a player like Campbell could be called spoiled because he might potentially move to a foreign country in search of earlier opportunities a bit crazy tbh. If he goes to PSV it's an incredibly bold and brave decision and one that more young English talent should take. Most are too happy to waste about in reserve teams at times - if more moved abroad it'd be better for the English game by a huge amount.

It would also probably reduce the stupid fee's we currently have to pay too!

I think this is probably true, but if we fuck Denayer off without one 1st team appearence, after an excellent performance on loan abroad then Campbell does well at PSV, it's a pretty good advert for ditching our academy completely, rather than going on loan.

Some important PR work for the academy coming up right now imo.

I think this is probably true, but if we fuck Denayer off without one 1st team appearence, after an excellent performance on loan abroad then Campbell does well at PSV, it's a pretty good advert for ditching our academy completely, rather than going on loan.

Some important PR work for the academy coming up right now imo.

Oh I agree, and for City it's terrible, undoubtedly so I really hope it doesn't happen...kind of, as I do wish Denayer and Campbell well either way. On an individual case level though, can't really deny the logic Campbell has. I think Campbell is the first real clear casualty of Pellegrini cowardice tbh but i'm hoping that Pep's gonna reverse all that damage. Encouraging signs floating about twitter this morning anyway that Celina may be with the first team this year and not loaned out. That'd be a nice start.

I don't blame him for wanting to move elsewhere and I wish him the best of luck - making the move abroad is a huge decision at that age, especially considering very few English players ever make it. He'll learn a new culture both on the pitch and off it and that should put him in good stead.

Pellegrini's refusal to try youngsters out has led to a crowded scene at EDS level. Pep needs to get the conveyor belt moving again by filling his first team squad with the best talent and loaning/letting others leave.

The U18's and EDS will feature younger players again according to Wilcox so those that are around the 20-22 year old mark that haven't had opportunities yet will need to really step up. Moving forwards it puts us in a great position as younger players are getting experience at a higher level which helps them make the step up to first team football earlier. If they need first team experience elsewhere they can go and get it and still come back to City at a young age.

Whilst he possibly should have waited to see the impact Pep makes, you can't blame him for being impatient, he's clearly got the confidence and belief that he's worthy of playing at a higher level. If he channels that attitude correctly he'll be an excellent footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.