BT Sport

I would ask him how many subscribers who are City fans BT have lost expressly because of the way they have covered City, especially in the Champions league. I would ask how much that has cost BT financially.

I would ask him whether he understands how fucking angry we are.

I would ask him if he has read this thread, and the others like it.

I would ask him to name one English club competing in Europe at any point since European football began in the 1950s whose treatment has been as shoddy at the hands of an English media outlet as City's treatment at the hands of BT has been.

I would ask him whether he thinks the relationship between BT and City's fans has irreparably broken down, and if not what he actually plans to do to fix it.

I would ask him who on earth actually, genuinely, really thought that Rio Ferdinand Michael Owen and Paul Scholes could possibly, conceivably, in a million years, ever offer fair and objective analysis of a City game, and if the answer is 'nobody did' why BT engage them to do so. I would ask him why nobody took any action when it became obvious that they couldn't. I would ask him why it took an entire season to work out that City fans who subscribe to BT were receiving a poor service from BT as a result.

I would ask him if he actually understands why we boo the UEFA anthem, and if he does ask him to summarise it. If he does actually know, I would ask him why none of the analysts or commentators do.

I would ask him why, after City qualified for the semi finals of the champions league one of their presenters said that we should be praised 'as hard as it is.' And if the answer is 'it was a joke because I was talking to Rio Ferdinand' why on earth BT should employ someone who finds it hard to give City praise as an analyst.

What CiL said......

Hargreaves is ok.

I don't think that the flyer thing is something to get bogged down in. He's already said that it was an agency who did that and acknowledged the problem, and if he sticks to that, then it just requires more QC from BT.

You seriously believed his answer to the flyer, that one of the world's biggest multinational companies would let an agency put out an advert without them either checking it or giving it their approval?! If anything he should be asked for more detail as to if/how that really happened

Not just the use of United pundits, but also "City" pundits, who have a stronger affinity with our enemies than they do with us (McPointyman - Liverpool, Hargreaves - Rags), and also those that actively hate us (Mills). We don't necessarily need ex-City players in there, although I'd be quite happy with Lakey or the Goat, just players who are genuinely impartial would do

Paul Lake, Andy Hinch would both be good shouts.

Do they have a deliberate strategy to improve their popularity by pandering to Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal fans?

I would ask him how many subscribers who are City fans BT have lost expressly because of the way they have covered City, especially in the Champions league. I would ask how much that has cost BT financially.

I would ask him whether he understands how fucking angry we are.

I would ask him if he has read this thread, and the others like it.

I would ask him to name one English club competing in Europe at any point since European football began in the 1950s whose treatment has been as shoddy at the hands of an English media outlet as City's treatment at the hands of BT has been.

I would ask him whether he thinks the relationship between BT and City's fans has irreparably broken down, and if not what he actually plans to do to fix it.

I would ask him who on earth actually, genuinely, really thought that Rio Ferdinand Michael Owen and Paul Scholes could possibly, conceivably, in a million years, ever offer fair and objective analysis of a City game, and if the answer is 'nobody did' why BT engage them to do so. I would ask him why nobody took any action when it became obvious that they couldn't. I would ask him why it took an entire season to work out that City fans who subscribe to BT were receiving a poor service from BT as a result.

I would ask him if he actually understands why we boo the UEFA anthem, and if he does ask him to summarise it. If he does actually know, I would ask him why none of the analysts or commentators do.

I would ask him why, after City qualified for the semi finals of the champions league one of their presenters said that we should be praised 'as hard as it is.' And if the answer is 'it was a joke because I was talking to Rio Ferdinand' why on earth BT should employ someone who finds it hard to give City praise as an analyst.
Yeah, what this poster said.

I got this response

Dear Ian,

Thanks for the note regarding Danny Mills and the BT Sport coverage of the Champions League. I appreciate that viewers have opinions that matter and I’ve had 8 separate but similar complaints regarding Danny Mills which I want to provide a consistent response to each.

As you know all broadcasters use many ex-professional footballers all of whom have different but relevant experience in the game and all of whom are asked to express their opinions and react to the action on the field as they see fit. This provides a range of opinion and richness that we feel is important to football coverage on television. At this time of year it is not as easy as you suggest to pick from a list of BT Sport regulars or ex-Manchester City players who you quote. Danny is an ex England and Manchester City footballer who has extensive broadcast experience on radio and television and I am sorry that his interpretation of what he saw does not always agree with yours.

At BT Sport we’d like to have fair and good relations with all sets of supporters all the time but we are not inexperienced enough to realise that this is not always achievable all of the time but we do listen so thanks for the feedback. With regard to next season I still believe that the best Champions League pundits are those with experience of winning it and at the same time who can instil debate and discussion.

Regards

Simon Green

Ask him why I can watch Rugby, Cricket, Golf, Motorsports, Athletics and all sorts of other sports and listen to knowledgeable and articulate commentary with analysts that add to my knowledge of that sport.

Yet when I watch football, I have to put up with inarticulate punditry involving mostly spouting complete nonsense, saying stuff that's blatantly incorrect or repeating clichés I've heard again and again.

Why do the TV companies (and his is the worst, alongside the BBC which isn't a great deal better) seem to assume we're all morons and won't appreciate some less sensationalist but more informed comment?

Coverage on us is so bad that:
1) Sky- Cancelled years ago
2) BT- I have it free with Virgin Media. Amount of times i have watched live football inc City on BT Sports in the last few years- 5 times or less as just sick to death with the pundits and commentary
3)Papers- Not bought or read a paper for over 10 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.