Champions League Group Stage

I wish people would stop dismissing Celtic.
Yes, for every other nationality they would be a piece of piss.
However, against an English club they will be very dangerous, especially at Celtic Park.
They will raise their game, make no mistake. They beat both Barca and United did they not.
That was a good few years ago when they weren't quite as shit as they are now though. More recently than those two games they've been knocked out in qualifiers by Malmo and a team from Iceland, scraped through against Kazak opposition, finished bottom of a europa league group that had 'Tromso' in it. If we get beaten by them it will be embarrassing, we got to the semi-finals last year and are a comfortably better team.

The point is though, we shouldn't be complacent. We should go for it, both home and away and not take anything lightly, see the games out etc.

Clear UEFA still hate us with a passion handing us this group of death yet again, twats.
We should boycott it and concentrate on the league. Unbelievable

Sorry if this has been asked earlier.
I'm season tcket holders with less than 2k points. Any chance the Monchengladbach away will go this low? if not what do people think are the chances of getting a ticket in the away end?

(I'm presuming they will do the hotel pick and wristband again so hard to pick up ticket from fellow blues)
I'd imagine you might just scrape one. We get quite a big allocation there and as mentioned earlier the combination of lots of euro games last year and the new ticketing system means there will be less people going in these group stages games. I think most will try and go to Celtic.

Clear UEFA still hate us with a passion handing us this group of death yet again, twats.
We should boycott it and concentrate on the league. Unbelievable
I don't get this. We don't 'always' get the group of death. The other year we were in a group with CSKA Moscow and Plzen for god's sake. If we can't get 9/10 points out of the games against Borussia and Celtic we deserve shooting!

It's pretty simple, if we win the league, we'll get an easier group, if we don't we only have ourselves to blame and should take on any opposition we're paired with. The only reason it keeps getting called the group of death is cause we're in it!

That was a good few years ago when they weren't quite as shit as they are now though. More recently than those two games they've been knocked out in qualifiers by Malmo and a team from Iceland, scraped through against Kazak opposition, finished bottom of a europa league group that had 'Tromso' in it. If we get beaten by them it will be embarrassing, we got to the semi-finals last year and are a comfortably better team.

The point is though, we shouldn't be complacent. We should go for it, both home and away and not take anything lightly, see the games out etc.

Agree with you, but the main point is they will be well up for it, because of who we are. I'm sure Guardiola and his team will not be complacent. I'm confident we will qualify. The key game will be Borussia away.

is there a feed discussing the ticket process? Surely they cant do the pissing wristband thing for scotland imagine 4000 blues all arriving in glasgow to pick tickets up on day of game will be a joke

So being bent fuckers, UEFA use a different rule for allocating teams into Europa League groups. Instead of drawing teams into groups using a second set of balls, they just allocate the team drawn into the next available pot, making the allowances for TV pairings & country clashes.

If UEFA had used the same system yesterday, just putting them into the next available pot instead of conveniently having to draw teams into pots themselves (thus artificially narrowing the available pots for later teams) then the final draw would have looked like this:

Group A: FC Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Olympique Lyonnais & Ludogorets Razgrad.
Group B: Leicester City, Napoli, Sporting CP & FC Kobenhavn.
Group C: Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur & Legia Warsaw.
Group D: SL Benfica, Manchester City, Borussia Monchengladbach & Dinamo Zagreb.
Group E: Real Madrid, FC Porto, Dynamo Kyiv & FC Rostov.
Group F: CSKA Moskva, Sevilla, PSV Eindhoven & Besiktas.
Group G: Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal, Club Brugge & Celtic.
Group H: Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen, FC Basel & Monaco.

Bent as fuck.

is there a feed discussing the ticket process? Surely they cant do the pissing wristband thing for scotland imagine 4000 blues all arriving in glasgow to pick tickets up on day of game will be a joke
I hope they do. So someone with 2k points can't skip the queue and prevent me from getting a ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.